ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:43 pm 

just wondering if there is anyone on here.

Last edited by xshawnxearthx on Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 10:29 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

yea, I do. I like that and most everything related. Punk, hardcore, grindcore, metalcore, thrash and all that sort of thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 10:45 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

I started listening to Stemm, because of UFC lol

now its my workout music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:36 pm 

I saw all that remains in concert awhile back. I prefer hardcore concerts, not so much the albums though. I still say Rammstein is the best workout music there is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 12:53 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

Hmm I was thinking about this kind of hardcore when I read the title.
I don't think you guys over in the US have heard it before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:21 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've heard stuff like that before. We call it techno here. It sounds like half way between techno and heavy trance to me. They wouldn't call it hardcore is they ever heard industrial. Like Ministry or something like that.

I like all that All That Remains. I even like them for the studio albums, I haven't actually seen them live. I don't go to concerts much anymore. Not like I used to when I was younger. I try to see the Misfits whenever they are in town though, that's always fun. I get in the pit with the kids and everything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:36 am 

No. I usually have to turn the volume down. My wife gets upset when she finds out I'm watching hardcore. Hell, she doesn't even like when I am watching softcore.

Oh, wait...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:23 am 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

when i think of hardcore i think of the genre of dance music, that's what folk in the UK mean by hardcore. Faster than techno, a bit too fast for me. Give me techno any day, not American techno though, too minimal. Nice bit of hard European techno, very nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:19 am 

hoosegow wrote:
No. I usually have to turn the volume down. My wife gets upset when she finds out I'm watching hardcore. Hell, she doesn't even like when I am watching softcore.

Oh, wait...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:35 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well after looking up his IP it looks like he has Optimum online cable internet, in New Milford New Jersey.

So I think he is talking about hardcore punk. Probably like S.O.D/M.O.D., Black Flag and that sort of thing. Which I do listen to that. I don't listen to hardcore dance though. The only electronic music I am really into is industrial like Ministry, Nine in Nails, Ramstein and that sort of thing. I do listen to the odd bit of gangsta, but most of it is too musically simplistic for me. Kind of strange considering I like the very simplistic punk. I like mostly non-commercial stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:12 am 

Ironman you might want to check out Nitzer Ebb, or the Fat Truckers. Also some of the stuff on the International Deejay Gigolos might be something a bit different for you but you might like it. I warn you though there's a lot of crap on that label, but a lot of good stuff too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:14 am 
Associate Member
Associate Member

Gimme old school Metallica anyday! Along with Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath (Ozzy and Dio solo too), Motorhead and AC/DC! I like new stuff too, the first 3 albums of Korn, Static X, Rammstein, Slipknot, Stone Sour, Soulfly and In Flames. But I haven't had the time to listen to much in the way of non-commercial stuff in the last 5 or so years so I feel out of touch! Mind you I've been a 'Tallica and Iron Maiden fan for 20 years, I'm 28 years old! My sister got me ...And Justice for All and Live After Death for my 8th birthday lol!
As an Aussie and coming from Tasmania the smallest state (just got to 500,000 poeple this year!) it's hard to see good bands, but I've managed to see Metallica 4 times (once in the UK), AC/DC (in Tasmania, it was amazing!), Korn, Soulfly, Fear Factory and a few others. But there are so many more I want to see! I have to say best gig ever was 2008 Reading Festival seeing Tenacious D and Metallica inthe one night, pitty Slipkknot cancelled though!

John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:44 am 

Ironman wrote:
Well after looking up his IP it looks like he has Optimum online cable internet, in New Milford New Jersey.

So I think he is talking about hardcore punk. Probably like S.O.D/M.O.D., Black Flag and that sort of thing. Which I do listen to that. I don't listen to hardcore dance though. The only electronic music I am really into is industrial like Ministry, Nine in Nails, Ramstein and that sort of thing. I do listen to the odd bit of gangsta, but most of it is too musically simplistic for me. Kind of strange considering I like the very simplistic punk. I like mostly non-commercial stuff.
LOL yeah, i mean HARDCORE hardcore, not that techno stuff.

no warning
carry on
bane
with honor
verse
sick of it all
madball
indecision
etc etc

it's sometimes funny to see what other peoples perception of hardcore is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:46 am 

hoosegow wrote:

Oh, wait...
always rollin with the mute on!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:19 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

jeffrerr wrote:
Gimme old school Metallica anyday!

Aaaahh, 'tallica. Just saw them here in Stockholm, well, back in march anyways. Awesome. Just plain awesome.