ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:15 pm 

I agree. I saw a HS kid at the gym the other day wearing SKINNY LEG (stovepipe) JEANS (halfway down his @rse). Obviously was there for a serious workout.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:32 pm 

Han wrote:
I agree. I saw a HS kid at the gym the other day wearing SKINNY LEG (stovepipe) JEANS (halfway down his @rse). Obviously was there for a serious workout.

I'm ashamed that those jeans are becoming fashion.

I grew up with Rambo & Rocky & CONAN. Not skinny jeans. Men are supposed to look like men, not prepubescent girls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:10 am 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Even if i wanted to wear those jeans, I don't think there's anyway I would get them over my a$$. I've noticed loads of people wearing them too. I need to get jeans quite baggy, or the top half of my thighs and glutes just won't go into them, and if they do, any sudden movements will destroy them. I would like to try and get into a pair of tight jeans for a laugh. Some times i like to try on my old suit - which was actually quit expensive. I got fitted for it when i was about 140, soacking wet, and they left some room for me to 'broaden out'. Well, gross underestimation, as I can't get the trousers past mid thigh, and can barely get the jacket on at all.

The only kind of people that can get away with it are guys like Mick Jagger. He rocks skinny jeans.

KPj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:13 am 

the only guys allowed to wear skinny jeans are glam rockers from the 80s. If you weren't in Whitesnake, buy some normal trousers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:28 pm 

I don't understand skinny jeans ... especially on guys. Why would someone want to show off chicken legs?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:48 pm 

i need baggy/loose fit jeans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:01 am 

Matt Z wrote:
I don't understand skinny jeans ... especially on guys. Why would someone want to show off chicken legs?

Over here skinny seems to be the fashion. Not in jeans, I mean, but in build. TC at T-Mag has mentioned this before in his Atomic Dog articles, actually, so i'm guessing it's the same over there.

I blame guys like Beckham. People want to be built like a skinny footballer/soccer player or worse yet, these skinny student indie rock bands you get now. There just doesn't seem to be any Arnies or Sly's or JCVD's for kids to look up to now.

KPj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:16 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
There just doesn't seem to be any Arnies or Sly's or JCVD's for kids to look up to now.

FACT! Thats what action heroes are supposed to look like! awful, awful acting but something to inspire you(or shame you) into lifting!!

Now it all seems to be totally ripped guys like Daniel Craig in bond and Hugh Jackman etc..... impressive..... i guess, inspiring nah ah!

The closest we have now are The Rock, Vin Diesel, John Cena et al. Now they may be able to match The oldies in acting talent (or lack of) But they're just big guys, not like :eek: huge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:44 am 

But over there, KPj, yall get to wear kilts.

I gotta find me a place to buy me a kilt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:54 am 

KPj wrote:
Matt Z wrote:

Over here skinny seems to be the fashion. Not in jeans, I mean, but in build. TC at T-Mag has mentioned this before in his Atomic Dog articles, actually, so i'm guessing it's the same over there.

I blame guys like Beckham. People want to be built like a skinny footballer/soccer player or worse yet, these skinny student indie rock bands you get now. There just doesn't seem to be any Arnies or Sly's or JCVD's for kids to look up to now.

KPj

Footballers don't have skinny legs though, admittedly not as big as rugby players but definitely not as skinny as the pansies who wear skinny jeans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:55 am 

hoosegow wrote:

yes we do! And the freedom of movement is liberating

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:48 am 

robertscott wrote:
Footballers don't have skinny legs though, admittedly not as big as rugby players but definitely not as skinny as the pansies who wear skinny jeans.

Yeah but legs don't count :lol: Bodybuilders have huge legs yet, most people in the gym training 'like bodybuilders' neglect their legs.... Funnily enough a lot of people think a game of 5-a-side football (soccer) is enough.

KPj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:30 am 

hoosegow wrote:

WalMart. Think "beach towel."

The old underwear question has never been answered satisfactorily for me. It seems to be the biggest darkest Scottish secret. If they told us, they'd have to kill us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:24 am 
n00b
n00b

Ok, so in the changing rooms, there was a guy - old probably 50's drying himself after his shower.

With a hair-dryer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:47 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

people using wrist straps on the shoulder press machine

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8