ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Protein
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:05 pm 
I was taking Isopure zero carb protein shake for couple months now. It has 50g of protein per 2 scoop. Recently i came across Muscle milk however it does not have zero carb, it has some transfer fat and it has 32 grams of protein. Now does anyone know more about this to tell me which is the better choice. I workout 3 times a week to develop strenght, a little mass and be very lean.

Thank you
John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:50 pm 
Muscle milk has too much sugar for your goals. I would stick with what you have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:13 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Muscle milk absorbs much slower than Isopure. Isopure's the quickest absorbing brand on the market as far as I know because it has the highest concentration of whey isolates. For your post work-out drink you want a quick absorbing protein. Muscle milk is mostly cassein protein last time I checked, so it was originally designed as a pre-sleep protein, not a post workout protein.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:18 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I like to play chemist and mix zero carb whey stuff with muscle milk. For a post workout shake I go with 1 scoop of the zero carb stuff (25 g protein) and 1/2 scoop of the muscle milk. I like this because it gives an instant hit of protein as well as a little bit of slower digesting protein to carry me to my next meal. For a bedtime shake I go with 1/2 scoop of the whey and 1 scoop of the muscle milk which gives me a bit of protein to start the night with and more of the slower digesting stuff to carry me to breakfast.