ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:20 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

Yeah....great album! I haven't reached for the black album in over 10 years....and this is what I found!

Hahahaha! I forgot that I had an old ticket stub. Check out the date! And the ticket price! Unreal! THAT was the absolute best show ever! And I have seen many many shows.....my whole body was sore afterwards....*insert headbanging emoticon here*. I may leave this in the CD changer for several weeks...maybe longer. And I will be revisiting all the Metallica offerings in the coming weeks! You should have seen the grime, dirt, oil, scratches on the disc....amazing it still plays flawlessly. This is the original disc I bought back in...probably...1991. Cool stuff!

My tastes in music have definitely gone back to the heavy side again....

Rock on!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:44 am 
Associate Member
Associate Member

I couldn't track my copy of Black down so I went for Death Magnetic instead, best 'Tallica since Black by far IMO! I was only 11 in 1992, but I'd have gone to a gig! I've seen 'em 4 times now, 3 time in Melbourne, Australia and once at the Reading Festival in the UK last year! My copy of Black is a gold signature Australian Tour addition from 1992 my sister got for me, still plays too!

Rock on man!

John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:22 pm 

Dude your bench is on fire.

Keep it up. Your gonna blow past me very soon, and I'll be asking you for tips the day you lock out 225. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:37 pm 

Check your form on the bench if your having shoulder pain.

Watch some video's or take one of yourself.

I know I have to bench like a powerlifter not a bodybuilder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:57 pm 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

These videos might help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUcjOIZc80c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZI8kwOCY94

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HhRTAgNkCY

They're all Smitty from Diesel Crew, and really good stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:58 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

No pain while benching or pressing of any sort. And its not bad at all...subtle pain while rotating shoulder. Want to find the root of the problem before it gets worse....I'll check youtube for some vids and take one of myself to compare....thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:03 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

lol....we were posting at the same time....thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:47 am 
Associate Member
Associate Member

After watching those videos, I can say my form sucks. I was pushing an empty bar today and couldn't believe how wrong I have been benching. Thanks for the links.....great info!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:22 pm 

Glad they helped, but thank Smitty not me. He just put up two more videos today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:26 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

Can't wait to see what good/better form will do for weight......go down? Same?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:49 pm 

jps wrote:
Can't wait to see what good/better form will do for weight......go down? Same?

My experience has been "go down for a session or two, then go back up" for big changes, like arm position and leg drive and that sort of thing. You need to back down because you're concentrating on doing the right thing instead of letting your grooved-but-crappy form take over.

My experience with small changes/tweaks has been "it just goes up." Like when I learned how to place my feet further back and how to pull the bar down to my chest in the bench press. That only helped.

My box squat dropped a lot even though I got stronger when we re-did my whole technique from scratch. I've clearly got a stronger back, bigger traps, stronger hamstrings, glutes, and quads, but my box squat went down because I had to re-learn it.

So it depends on how much different your form was. Whatever, just remember your previous numbers were going to hold you back in the long run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:39 pm 

I find personally, that if I don't think about my glutes the entire time, I can't keep form on SLDL. And I mean the ENTIRE time.

God it sounds weird when I type it, but I honestly think about my ass the entire time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:19 pm 

Upright rows hurt my shoulders like a mofo. So yeah, my thought is drop them :lol:

Pulldowns are a tricky beast to harness. I got nothing from them until I learned how to pull from the elbow so I didn't use my Bi's much. And I had to feel a good stretch at the top. I will do long intense stretches before each set so I start the movement feeling them, helps with the mind muscle connection in my case.

I also have to lean back a bit and use a wee bit of momentum in order to use enough weight to get any lat activation. But I also have to hit my Lats with some DB rows to see real growth. (Been skipping the DB lately, as Kroc rows get pretty violent and I seem to be pulling muscles left and right.)

I'm rambling now, sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:34 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

nygmen wrote:

I'm rambling now, sorry.

Ramble on my friend, ramble on.....I like to hear what people have to say. And it's nice to see someone is reading my journal ramblings.... :lol:

The discomfort in my shoulder has me worried a bit. It wasn't caused by me starting to work out, but from work and that softball game (another story for another time :roll: ), and from the way I sleep. I try to sleep on my back more, but I always wake up on my right shoulder. Anyhow, I do plan on keeping the DB BOR's, and wasn't sure if it was a good idea to add a pulldown (which I don't like and can't seem to get them to feel right), or a straight arm pulldown. Even pull ups are a possibiltiy.

The upright rows I do are with an ezcurl bar, and I let it hang in my fingers a bit more.....so my wrists have a tad more flexibility and less stress on the shoulder (I think). But I still want to ditch it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:39 pm 

To be honest all chins did for me, was make me better at chins. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

I didn't see any Lat growth until I started Kroc rows and pulldowns. Not that it's been a major explosion or anything, but other than my traps, they have been the best growing group I've got so far.

As far as the sleep goes, there isn't much you can do. Your going to move while you sleep. You can try wedging my pillows.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next