ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:48 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

I guess I'll start pulldowns again.....after my DB rows. I just feel like its a tad redundant. Maybe not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:33 pm 

It is, but it works for me.

Gotta find what works for you.

EDITED Kind to Find

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:43 pm 

I don't think there is an issue with grip width on pulldowns. I believe I'm at roughly shoulder width. Just pull form the elbow.

okay 2 things:

1) WTF is a crackpipe shooter?

2) whatever happened with that banker?

And I missed my buddies wedding last year because I drank a 12 pack & half a 5th of Jameson, he still hasn't talked to me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:05 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

nygmen wrote:
I don't think there is an issue with grip width on pulldowns. I believe I'm at roughly shoulder width. Just pull form the elbow.

Cool....i'll try to remember elbows.

Quote:
WTF is a crackpipe shooter?

I don't know what's in it....it had a strawberry flavor. A guy I know that was at that bar bought us a couple rounds.....I did not need to do 2 of these...especially after a jager-bomb.....I need my head checked. After posting that in my journal, I was wondering if anyone was going to read that wrong and think that I was up until 3am smoking crack and drinking beer. :lol:

Quote:

Ah yes....someone is paying attention to my ramblings. Not only is it a journal of workouts.....but a little of my moods and life. Bank girl----We are still dating....nice girl, great looking, awesome Mom, morals, throws a mean game of darts, and tries her best to keep up with me on drinking nights....lol. I've known this girl for 5 or so years....flirted for most of those, but timing was never right.....it is now. So we are giving it a go I guess...taking things slow as we both have just ended long relationships. Things are good.

Quote:
And I missed my buddies wedding last year because I drank a 12 pack & half a 5th of Jameson, he still hasn't talked to me...

Ouch! How long ago has that been?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:28 pm 

jps wrote:
nygmen wrote:

This is a major pain in the ass BTW. It's hard enough to get a good mind-muscle connection with pulldowns, let alone think about stupid elbows too.

Quote:
I was wondering if anyone was going to read that wrong and think that I was up until 3am smoking crack and drinking beer. :lol:

I did at first... lol. Had to read it twice.

I was drinking Jager Saturday night too. I hate my friends.

Quote:
Quote:

Ah yes....someone is paying attention to my ramblings. Not only is it a journal of workouts.....but a little of my moods and life. Bank girl----We are still dating....nice girl, great looking, awesome Mom, morals, throws a mean game of darts, and tries her best to keep up with me on drinking nights....lol. I've known this girl for 5 or so years....flirted for most of those, but timing was never right.....it is now. So we are giving it a go I guess...taking things slow as we both have just ended long relationships. Things are good.

Good stuff man, Hope she likes coffee.

Quote:

Quote:

Got to be pushing 9 or 10 months. Oh well, I'll send him another card and wait it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:45 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

nygmen wrote:
jps wrote:
nygmen wrote:

This is a major pain in the ass BTW. It's hard enough to get a good mind-muscle connection with pulldowns, let alone think about stupid elbows too.

I dislike pulldowns.....we'll see how the shoulder grip while thinking of elbows works.... :lol:

Quote:
Quote:
I was wondering if anyone was going to read that wrong and think that I was up until 3am smoking crack and drinking beer. :lol:

I did at first... lol. Had to read it twice.

That's hilarious! Funny $h1t!

Quote:
I was drinking Jager Saturday night too. I hate my friends.

Sometimes I wonder if they are really friends.... :wink:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Good stuff man, Hope she likes coffee.

She does! Well, if you can count a latte as a coffee. I need to get her to cappuccino's at least. I never understood the love of so much damn steamed milk. <shrug> My k-word is about wrapped up and I will have my espresso machine up and running by the end of the week! Maybe she'll be over this weekend for morning cappas.....

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Got to be pushing 9 or 10 months. Oh well, I'll send him another card and wait it out.

Wow....that's a long time. Surely he can't hold a grunge that long.....

And all this quoting has me frazzled.....lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:20 pm 

As far as your lifts & body weight stalling. It happens, worry about it will only make it worse. Just keep grinding.

In my personal opinion I wouldn't change too much yet. Maybe add in some caffeine or something.

I would add 300-400 more cals, make sure your getting at least 200 grams of protein a day and you should start moving again. (If I were you I would shoot for 300 grams.)

This happens. You can't really predict when your body is going to super compensate, and kick into gear. So don't stop giving it fuel. Because if your starving yourself, you may miss your window to gain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:08 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

nygmen wrote:
As far as your lifts & body weight stalling. It happens, worry about it will only make it worse. Just keep grinding.

In my personal opinion I wouldn't change too much yet. Maybe add in some caffeine or something.

I would add 300-400 more cals, make sure your getting at least 200 grams of protein a day and you should start moving again. (If I were you I would shoot for 300 grams.)

This happens. You can't really predict when your body is going to super compensate, and kick into gear. So don't stop giving it fuel. Because if your starving yourself, you may miss your window to gain.

Yeah....don't plan on changing much yet....except caffeine. My k-word renovation is about complete and I have my espresso machine up and running again. So I am thinking about a double shot of espresso in my pre workout shake. Should get me humming pretty good....we'll see how that works. As far as calories go, I'll stick with 3000 for the time being, and my protein intake is about 275 right now....so I should be good there. I am going to rethink a lot of my warm up sets.....I have changed them for DL's and have seen a big difference in strength in my working sets. Thanks for the input.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:01 pm 

jps wrote:
nygmen wrote:

Yeah....don't plan on changing much yet....except caffeine. My k-word renovation is about complete and I have my espresso machine up and running again. So I am thinking about a double shot of espresso in my pre workout shake. Should get me humming pretty good....we'll see how that works. As far as calories go, I'll stick with 3000 for the time being, and my protein intake is about 275 right now....so I should be good there. I am going to rethink a lot of my warm up sets.....I have changed them for DL's and have seen a big difference in strength in my working sets. Thanks for the input.

NP

How many mg of Caffeine are in a shot? I start to OD around 400 all at once, but can take 600+ if you space it out over a few hours.

I have officially become a stimulant junkie...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:26 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

nygmen wrote:

How many mg of Caffeine are in a shot?

No clue....but each shot is supposed to be close to a strong cup of coffee. Not sure if that is the case, but espresso does affect me differently than a cup o joe. Probably due to is being consumed in two or three sips over a very short time. Each shot is about 1 oz....so technically a double should be 2 oz....I pull my double at about 1 1/2 ozs though. I drink 2 doubles in the morning....and on weekends I'll add a double cappuccino to that.....gets me buzzing pretty damn good.... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:50 pm 

jps wrote:
nygmen wrote:

No clue....but each shot is supposed to be close to a strong cup of coffee. Not sure if that is the case, but espresso does affect me differently than a cup o joe. Probably due to is being consumed in two or three sips over a very short time. Each shot is about 1 oz....so technically a double should be 2 oz....I pull my double at about 1 1/2 ozs though. I drink 2 doubles in the morning....and on weekends I'll add a double cappuccino to that.....gets me buzzing pretty damn good.... :lol:

That sounds like a good way to get past DOMS on deadlift day.

My recipe right now it a grande redeye (16oz of coffee & 1 shot) and then one 200mg pill roughly an hour later.

This will have me about a heartbeat away from vomiting & sweating my ass off just getting out of my car in the parking lot. But I feel like I'm pushing the entire Earth down rather than picking the weight up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:52 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

nygmen wrote:

Here's some info from a quick search I did. Of course this will vary with coffee used, how you brew, how much coffee you use, etc, etc. And I hate to use Starbucks in the mix because I really dislike like their coffee, especially their espresso and their milk drinks. But it was a quick search and you can get a pretty good idea what has what in it....

* 330 mg – 16 oz Starbucks Coffee Grande
* 150 mg – 16 oz Starbucks Caffe Latte
* 135 mg – 8 oz (approximately 1 cup) regular brewed coffee
* 95 mg – 8 oz instant coffee
* 62-64 mg – 1 oz Espresso
* 2-5 mg – 8 oz regular decaffeinated coffee (brewed or instant)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:02 pm 

So I'm at roughly 1/2 a gram... Wowza...

Don't tell my wife. I still hide my 200mg pills in my car. She finds out I'm up to half a gram and she is gonna flip the &$^% out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:00 pm 

sucks about the bar... Makes me want to weight the one at my gym...

Not that 10lbs would make me that angry at this point, other than I would have to different types of math, which would annoy the piss out of me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:46 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

nygmen wrote:
sucks about the bar... Makes me want to weight the one at my gym...

Not that 10lbs would make me that angry at this point, other than I would have to different types of math, which would annoy the piss out of me.

Yeah.....I need to find someone with a good scale to weight the one I have. But from the looks of the box and the amount of weights....I am positive it weight 35lbs. I just want to be on the same page math wise....like you said. I will be at Sports Authority this weekend, and I will talk to the manager...."how can you sell an O set and the bar not be the right weight?".

Ugh.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next