ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:06 am 

Marnix wrote:
stuward wrote:
Between the Canadians and Americans, we won 63 medals. That 25% of all the medals. Next time it's in Russia. Maybe the Europeans will do better.

Dunno, i think Europe did pretty good... 143 medals. 119 if you include only 'old europe'. Especially Germany and Norway did good. Ofcourse, medals are divided up over more countries, rather than just two. I thought Russia was disappointing, and so was china! Korea on the other hand did great, very surprising.

Personally, i was most happy with the Dutch snowboarding gold... Given that we have neither mountains or snow here.

I was wondering how they practiced for that. I assumed that most European skiers headed for the Alps anyway, regardless of where they're from. It would be no different than North Americans heading for the Rockies. It would be a shorter trip in most cases.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:18 am 
Rookie
Rookie

stuward wrote:
Marnix wrote:
stuward wrote:
Between the Canadians and Americans, we won 63 medals. That 25% of all the medals. Next time it's in Russia. Maybe the Europeans will do better.

Dunno, i think Europe did pretty good... 143 medals. 119 if you include only 'old europe'. Especially Germany and Norway did good. Ofcourse, medals are divided up over more countries, rather than just two. I thought Russia was disappointing, and so was china! Korea on the other hand did great, very surprising.

Personally, i was most happy with the Dutch snowboarding gold... Given that we have neither mountains or snow here.

I was wondering how they practiced for that. I assumed that most European skiers headed for the Alps anyway, regardless of where they're from. It would be no different than North Americans heading for the Rockies. It would be a shorter trip in most cases.

Well, there's some indoor tracks here, which they practice on during the year. Then they make training trips with the entire team (most are members of commercial teams) to the Alps etc. There's glaciers in France, Austria and Switzerland which they visit. (All part of the Alps, mind) In her particular case i believe she actually practiced in Canada, specifically for the Olympics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:46 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Marnix wrote:

We did awesome! Sweden got 11 medals with a population of only 9 million people. I think we rock :green: Golds in women's curling, some different cross-country stuff... should have been a gold in men's hockey too but apparently we sucked at hockey this year :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:39 pm 

I still can't believe that our skip missed that last rock in the 10th. Your team had experience on their side and played very well. I was a little surprised that Sweden didn't do better in hockey this year. Still I'm glad we met the US in the finals. It makes winning so much better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:50 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

Belgium sucks.

0 medals.

We didn't do much better last summer olympics either. 3 medals or something like that.
I wonder why the Netherlands have got a lot more medals than we do (both olympics), while being roughly same size and climate.