ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:43 pm 
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

LOL, I'm loving this thread. For reasons I've stated earlier on, pot will never be legalized, but when I got drafted, and sent to VietNam, the old thing was one group calling the other "heads", and how bad it was, and the other group calling the other "juicers", and how bad it was. I'm neutral on legalization, and I personally think they both have cons, but I think alcohol has far more cons than marijuana, and I totally agree with a previous argument that alcohol, not necssarily pot, is a "gateway" drug, if a "gateway" drug even exists.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:39 am 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

One could also argue that tobacco is the real gateway drug. I've known very few potheads who didn't smoke cigarettes first. In fact, for a non-smoker like me, smoking anything (cigarette, joint, blunt or other) may seem extremely unappealing.

My previous statement had more to do with where marijuana users get their stuff, and how some get sold on harder drugs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:20 pm 

You know there have been some extremely well constructed arguments laid for the legalisation of marijuana. Including of course cleaning it up, standardizing it to make it safer, and regulations on the producers.

This is something I think I've read before, but I didn't review it before reposting it here.

Interestingly enough there are strong similarities to a pro-prostitution-legalisation argument. Not that I'm directly advocating for either. And I have no personal experience with either either (haha).