ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You should be able to go pretty heavy with shrugs. Probably over your deadlift. I tried 405, but I only got 4 reps and they weren't really proper reps, they were more half to 3 quarters. I can get 6 to 8 good ones with 365 though. Which isn't too far below my calculated deadlift 1RM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:54 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

well I'm not sure how much I can deadlift anymore cause I haven't gone heavy in a long time. But I was able to at my strongest when I was a fat guy dead lift 385 i think it was three times before my grip went.

Ill try 3 something shrugging see how it feels but it will be for a set not for a bunch of sets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I never max out on deadlift, hence my not being completely sure of my 1RM. I would do 3 with my 5ish rep max 275. I would do singles anywhere from 315 to 335, which I could have got 2 for sure. I just don't like to be anywhere near failure on deadlift. It takes so much out of you and it really fatigues the lower back so you have to watch it's involvement in other lifts. The last time I maxed out on deadlift 325 was my 1RM, but I gain strength since then.

Of course I did a cut recently, so my 1RM is probably back down to 315. I rarely do the classic deadlift anymore though. Usually I do Romanian deadlift.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:11 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm not sure what my deadlift one rep max is but when I visited my cousin matt in North Carolina I deadlifted 295 10 times and think i maybe had two or three more in the tank.

My cousin is who got me into weight training when I was 15 he's now really little he's like 36 and 5'5 he was amazed at what I could deadlift and that made me happy haha.

btw im currently 5'8 180 lbs.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2