ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:10 am 
Rookie
Rookie

I take 5 grams, as peter. Havent noticed any sideeffects whatsoever. Hate to eat the stuff though, doesnt mix at all for me. Feel like im drinking water with sand in it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:36 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

TCO wrote:
Any unpleasant effects? Bloating or anything? Or is it pretty much just non-noticeable?

I tend to get thirsty as hell after taking it. Other than that...nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:40 pm 

frigginwizard wrote:
its results will very based upon your diet. Once you have enough in your system, more wont help, so if you eat a lot beef/salmon you likely wont get any results, whereas if you are a vegetarian, the result could be huge.
You would have to eat a HUGE load of meat to get the same effects of a teaspoon of pure CM powder.

jason81 wrote:
I have used it one time and it worked for me. But the problem is I am not sure if the gains are due to water effects!

you can't only use creatine once and expect results from it. It takes up to a few weeks depending on your dosing protocol before you can notice results from it.

TCO wrote:
Any unpleasant effects? Bloating or anything? Or is it pretty much just non-noticeable?
Bloat (edema), possible kidney problems that havn't been shown clinically.

Marnix wrote:
I take 5 grams, as peter. Havent noticed any sideeffects whatsoever. Hate to eat the stuff though, doesnt mix at all for me. Feel like im drinking water with sand in it.
get it in a micronized version, won't have the same gritty texture

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:17 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I've used creatine a few times in cycles and, for me, I notice great results. I do the 5-day recommended loading phase of about 25g per day, then drop to 5g on the 6th day.
I'm reluctant to lose it now because I feel more "bulky" when I use it, and I'm trying to cut fat (it's beach season, ya know). Does anyone have any experience with using it while on an HIIT or similar cardio program? I'm wondering if that'll do the trick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:28 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Last time I took it I didn't notice anything with cardio, but I never really noticed anything other than thirst/water retention period. I've been considering trying it again though - anyone have a favorite brand?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:05 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I've used it a few times, haven't ever gotten the same brand, and I feel like it all works the same, as long as it's creatine monohydrate.
I currently have GNC's sitting around, very cheap, and most are. Think maybe I'll have another go at it, this time with cardio, and will post results with water retention and such.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:30 am 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

What were the other ones you used? FWIW, the only one I ever used was Bodytech.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:41 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

frogbyte wrote:
What were the other ones you used? FWIW, the only one I ever used was Bodytech.

Other than GNC, I've tried Prolab and Bodytech. Nothing very fancy at all. All of them were the exact same thing to me. Have you done the loading phase, or do you just take the regular 5g from the start?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:33 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

I just did 5g/day for 2 months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:51 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

And nothing? I'm surprised.

While I've always done the 5-day loading, I'm pretty sure 5 days loading + 25 regular days evens out to 30 regular days. The gains are just faster in those first 2 weeks with loading (a little motivation and encouragement, I suppose).

When did you take the creatine? And with what? Taking it after the workout has worked best for me, and taking it with anything acidic (like orange juice) is counter productive. I was taking it with water or cranberry juice, as sugar helps the creatine work faster. But I'm off sugar now, so no more of that!

Thinking about going back to the creatine (GNC) starting next week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:48 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

I was doing it post-workout in a shake with whey. I almost never eat acidic foods anymore - haven't for a while. I'm still mostly flab so not sure I want to do a lost of post-workout sugar.

I'm kind of confused as to how taking it with acidic food could be bad though, since the stomach is more acidic than any food you could eat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:25 pm 

This article addresses many aspects of creatine usage, including the taking of creatine with acidic liquids.

The article concludes it makes no sense that acidic environment can make any real difference.

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_arti ... n_creatine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:35 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Yeah that sounds logical to me. I went ahead and bought some again and will give it another go - it's been maybe a year since the last time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:05 pm 

I have read a decent amount on the use of creatine. What I have not gotten a clear picture on is if it helps beyond strength endurance in the gym.

My situation is, I am not trying to get bigger and my workouts are short. Despite my short workouts, I am always fatigued because I play sport 6-10 hours per week. Would creatine help with this accumulated fatigue over the course of weeks, not workouts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:22 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Berardi recommends it as a health supplement for everyone. Everyone is different. You just have to try it and see. Biotest is the best in my opinion.