ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:29 pm 

Two things:
As you may know I'm doing a system of gradual progression with most exercises, increasing the weight 5 or 10 pounds when I can do 3 sets of 4 at the current weight. What I've decided to do is adapt this to bench press, but since I rotate between four workout templates (5x5, 4x4, 3x3, pyr. (pyramid, where I work up to my 1RM or my new 1RM attempt) there is sometimes lots of growth in between consecutive workouts of the same type. So what I decided to do is let progression happen, and also let each filter down.
5x5 only affects itself, 4x4 affects itself and 5x5, etc. But they only filter down if I can do an extra set with 5 pounds more. I hope this is making sense. Here's an example:

the last time I did 4x4 I did 205lbs per set I was able to do all the reps in each set, so the next time I do 4x4 it will be 210lbs. But in the intervening time I did a 3x3 workout at 230 (today's actually), since I was able to do all of the 3x3 that will increase by 5 for next time, BUT since I did additionally a set of three at 235 successfully my 4x4 will go up by 5, so my next 4x4 will be 215, not 210.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:35 pm 
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Hi DubDub. Got your msg via crossfit, Good bunch of guys and gals over there. Both Lincoln and Matt are very knowledgeable, and I hope you got some useful info over there. I read over there daily. zZYou just never know what you will find.
Tim

Post subject: Jordyn
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:41 am 
DELETED