Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:10 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

ballophun wrote:
Hahaha $h1t... It's a bit of a paradox isn't it, a forum for keen weightlifters and health nuts. I bet half of the members are sitting there playing Call of Duty with a box of Krispy Kremes, in various states of debate about the pros of omega 3 fats, as we speak.

Ironmaiden SHOW YOSELF!

It wouldn't surprise me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 7:41 am 

ballophun, I just want to qualify something I said earlier.

Losing weight requires a calorie deficit. Everything else is just details. The biggest single factor affecting weight loss is being aware of what you're eating and the reasons for eating. If you have issues in this regard, that needs to be addressed first.

Paleo, or eating real food, will automatically increase the volume of the food you eat, but only if you eat all the vegetables. If all you eat is bacon and eggs, you will not lose weight. The vegetables are key to filling you up and keeping your calories down.

Remember that being hungry means that you are burning fat. You shouldn't bee in extreme discomfort but you should be aware of your body and seek the feeling that comes from being mildly hungry. That's when you know you're in the fat burning groove. Once you have transitioned to using energy from fat as opposed to carbs, you can stay "in the groove" longer without discomfort. That's the magic of low-carb/paleo but it still requires a calorie deficit.

Eating paleo/real food rather than simply low-carb, ensures you get all the nutrients required for optimal health but it's not optimal for fast weight gain. You can lose weight faster on a chemical soup but at the expense of your health. Paleo/real food can be sustained for life.

Strength training is something you should always do. It's actually more important as you get older. Get into a habit of strength training at least 2-3 times a week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 8:27 pm 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

robertscott wrote:
For all we know no one on this forum even actually lifts...

Oh yeah, I'm just claiming to be the skinny guy in the background of those DeFranco's videos. heh.