ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:00 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Very interesting. I just deleted a spam link out of Shane's post. I wonder if he is going to log in again.

That is the most clever spam ploy yet. There must be some kind of a contest about who can keep a link here the longest.

It looks like Shane uses a Wifi network in Pakistan.

He introduced himself on on his first post.

On the 2nd, he rephrased something out out one of my posts. The wording was identical in part of it, but he changed around a lot of it.

On the 3rd post he did the same thing with something Stu said and then dropped a spam link for HGH in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:40 am 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

keeping you on your toes these days eh Ironman?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:36 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

At least that spammer has the basic premise correct that visible abs are the result of overall low body fat and not infomercialesque spot-reducing crunches.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:12 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Strangely he came back. I guess he doesn't know I am on to him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:28 am 

sic him Ironman! Sic him!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:47 pm 
n00b
n00b

I was reading through the ACSM's Resources for the Personal Trainer. And on page 176 it states the following:

"It is hypothesized that omega-3 fatty acids stimulate the production of growth hormone (somatotrophin), thereby enhancing the potential for muscular development. It is well established that omega-3 fatty acids reduce red-cell stickiness, thereby reducing the chance for blood clot leading to a heart attack. Omega-3 fatty acids are also associated with a reduced inflammatory response in tissues through the production of specific prostaglandins. One of these prostaglandins (E1) may be associated with the production of growth hormone. Although supplemental intake of omega-3 fatty acids may not be warranted, there is sufficient evidence of some beneficial effects that athletes should consider consuming cold-water fish (salmon, tuna) twice weekly.

ACSM's Resources for the Personal Trainer, 3e. Wolters Kluwer| Lippincott Williams & Wilkins

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:26 am 

Dr. Kurt Harris just posted a rather good analysis of fat on his blog.

http://www.paleonu.com/panu-weblog/2011 ... -fats.html

As we've been saying all along, fat is not to be feared, it's to be understood. Much of what we have been told is based on incomplete knowledge and bad research and bad politics.

I think this quote sums it up quite clearly.
Quote:
I believe dealing with the incommensurable dilemma of the lipid hypothesis is far more important than using any kind of evolutionary reasoning or being at all “paleo”. If you can’t make the crux move, with all there is riding on it culturally (all the terrible public health consequences), and all the evidence laid out for you, there is no point in going in more speculative directions, like “what did paleo man eat?”.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:46 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

This topic can be temporarily unlocked if someone has a legitimate reason to post an update.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:31 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Stuward wanted to share this link to Robb Wolf's site: http://robbwolf.com/2011/10/05/fish-oil/

Quote:
It clarifies his fish oil recommendations and incorporates changes in understanding of how fish oil supplementation works. I think it would be useful to our readers.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2