ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Deadliest Warrior
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:55 pm 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Next week's episode pits a Roman Centurion against a Rajput Warrior. I'm thinking the Centurion takes it.

Much like the Spartan, who did very well in the first season and second season opener, the Centurion is well-protected with armor and a large sheild and fights in a manner that is simple and brutally efficient.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:50 am 

I got one. How about a SEAL vs. (and my apologies for not knowing the name to our Israeli brothers) an Israeli Elite SF.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:38 pm 

That's going to be on later this season.

They're also having KGB vrs. CIA and Somali Pirates vrs. Medellin Cartel, but I prefer the episodes with earlier warriors like the Spartan, Samuri, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:25 pm 

For training and technical advantage, I'd have to go with the SEALS. Their biggest weakness is being handicapped with rules of engagement.

The Israelis are just bad people to mess with and they don't have to show mercy. I like their attitude. You punch me, I kill you. Enemies stop punching you after a while.

Of course I have no idea what I am talking about. I was never man enough to enlist. Mad respect to both, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:58 pm 

I think the Israelis would have the advantage fighting within their own county. However, the SEALS train to fight all over the world, so on neutral ground I think they would have the advantage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:47 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

How about JTF2 vs SEALs?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 9:39 pm 

JTF2?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:36 am 

Matt Z wrote:
JTF2?

Canadian special forces. There's nothing special about their training or weapons that would give them an edge over SEALs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:18 pm 

I was pretty disapointed with this weeks episode (Rajput Warrior beat Roman Centurion). They seemed to overlook the skills of the Centurion and the defensive capabilities of the Roman sheild. In fact, they had the Centurion running around like a madman (without his sheild).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:53 am 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

How dare you question the scientific integrity of Spike TV.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:23 pm 

In the first season, the show was pretty convincing in support of their outcomes. The second season has been hit and miss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:46 pm 
former lurker

stuward wrote:
Matt Z wrote:
JTF2?

Canadian special forces. There's nothing special about their training or weapons that would give them an edge over SEALs.

How dare you doubt you're own countries special forces. No one really knows about their training very much because they are a very secretive team. But according to higher-ups they're in demand all around the world. Too be honest I think they would destroy seals. Almost every US Military team is overrated and I hate when people automatically assume they are the best. Being well publicized doesn't make you the best, people. The US training is not even that good compared to others, like I said they're overrated. They have so many fv(k SF forces it's ridiclous and people think "Oh they have so many they must be the best" and "Oh look at all this good news about them they must be the best" Shows how modest they are. All this stuff is what makes the majority of US citizens ignorant about their own country and military. Saying they have the best military and are the best country in the world. If they were the best country in the world I highly doubt their economy would be so $h1t right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:53 pm 

Envy wrote:
stuward wrote:
Matt Z wrote:
JTF2?

How dare you doubt you're own countries special forces. No one really knows about their training very much because they are a very secretive team. But according to higher-ups they're in demand all around the world. Too be honest I think they would destroy seals. Almost every US Military team is overrated and I hate when people automatically assume they are the best. Being well publicized doesn't make you the best, people. The US training is not even that good compared to others, like I said they're overrated. They have so many fv(k SF forces it's ridiclous and people think "Oh they have so many they must be the best" and "Oh look at all this good news about them they must be the best" Shows how modest they are. All this stuff is what makes the majority of US citizens ignorant about their own country and military. Saying they have the best military and are the best country in the world. If they were the best country in the world I highly doubt their economy would be so $h1t right now.

Here's an idea, shut up. Stop the country trash talking they were just discussing a frivolous topic and you had to turn into hatred towards the United States. It's people like you that must populate the majority of "ignorant Americans".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:05 pm 

Quote:
How dare you doubt you're own countries special forces.

I don't doubt them at all, but I have a right to state my opinion. I think they're just as good as American Special Ops but I haven't seen anything that makes them better.

All I was alluding to was that JTF2 and US Special Ops receive similar training and use similar weapons with some differences in operating environments. JTF2 is better in the arctic, for example. It makes no sense to compare them the way Deadliest Warrior does. If you know something specific that's in the public domain, please share.

For the record, because of the Official Secrets Act, no one at DND can discuss JTF2, its members, equipment or capabilities. How can you make a TV show about that?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/cdnmilitary/jtf2.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:02 am 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Having special ops of US/Canada do battle makes about as much sense as comparing the elephant-catching prowess of the US/Canada coast guards.