Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:19 pm 
Novice
Novice

Jungledoc wrote:
I wasn't being stupid; I understand the words. What substance(s) is(are) in said pills, and how do said substances purport to boost one's testosterone?

I think the main ingredient is something called "snake oil" :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:03 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

I am about 90% in agreement with the posters here. the main thing is that Frankie needs to stop getting so technical with lift perioization or supplements or the like. Just pick a program and run with it. Picking anything and sticking with it, would do more good whatever program it is. Just get in the zone and crank for a while. I gained 60% strength while dieting and despite significant ortho issues. the body can gain a lot, especially while a newbie.

I just maybe don't have as much emphasis on powerlifting or GFH. I think powerlifting is fine and really great in some ways, but anythging works (even just doing dips and handstand pushups and pullups like on the gym team, or jumpees or pistols). And machines are fine too. It all works. Just pick something and stick to it, so you can measure progress.

also, I think as long as you eat enough so that you are not getting super lean (and I was a high school wrestler...I've seen some disquieting leanness...to the point of one tall guy doing 105, getting weaker and being called Skeletor)...but to the extent you don't get that...and muscle adds slow...you're NOT going to turn into Skeletor quickly, then you'll be fine. Sure, you could probably get most musclar the fastest if you add a lot of weight like a defensive lineman or a sumo wrestler...but it's perfectly reasonable to have ALTERNATE GOALS, which involve staying lean AS you add muscle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:41 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

We don't need to have a big long string of F bombs in a post. There is no need for that.

Now granted It is just a word, and designating something as "bad" or "offensive" is utterly ridiculous. The whole thing is a rather arbitrary social construct that seems to be kind of related to the weird sex taboos people have. But I digress.

Many people hold that construct up as legitimate, and are accustomed to being offended by it it in some way. This forum is supposed to be for people of all ages to use. However the parents who cling to these aforementioned social constructs, may find this site inappropriate if they see a certain word all over the place.

There is no need to try to be completely appropriate. However one should not try to be as crass as possible either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:10 pm 
Novice
Novice

If you want to make sure your testosterone levels stay high, you should eat lots of red meat and masturbate frequently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:36 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

In between sets?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:36 pm 
Novice
Novice

frogbyte wrote:
In between sets?

It can help, or during... but if you are going to masturbate during your sets I'd recommend using dumbbells. I've tried it with barbells before and hurt myself that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:48 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ricky wrote:
If you want to make sure your testosterone levels stay high, you should eat lots of red meat and masturbate frequently.

LMFAO! :lol:

Then after the continuing posts..... I'm going to have to bump this one every so often. Hilarious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:56 am 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Well, even though I wear elastic boxers, sometimes things still get out of place down there. And admittedly when I move things back into place sometimes I might be spending too much time getting things just perfect. How many seconds until you're just playing around...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:28 am 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

How do they register and post? Do they do it manually?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:58 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

ApolytonGP wrote:
How do they register and post? Do they do it manually?

Yes they have to do it manually because of the mod I put on here.