Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:19 pm 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Jungledoc wrote:
Oh man, you've got me thinking about sled pulling. Maybe if I think about it REALLY HARD I'll get stronger. I'm going to start looking for something to use. Maybe a slosh tube, too.

I used tires because I had them. If not, any piece of flat metal will work if you bend up the front so it won't catch debris. Let me tell you the tire is WAY easier to pull the times it runs over a rock for a few feet.

You can get an old tire and put a metal or wooden plate inside the tire to sit plates on, and then drill a hole in the tire for an eye screw and plate, or two holes and thread chain or rope through it.

Heck, you're in PNG. Drag a log!

Jungledoc wrote:
Maybe the admins would put up a sticky with links to articles on sled pulling.

If Tim and Ironman want to, I can condense what I've found into a trimmable post for that purpose.

Jungledoc wrote:
Looking at the second of those links, I was thinking that the length of the tow rope/s could be important for controlling the angle of pull. Like on the chest work, a shorter rope would make it more like in incline bench, longer more like a conventional bench.

I think so. With a short rope it's hard to get the angle high up without lifting the tires a little, though. But really, varying up the grip and arm position, and body position, really gives you lots of options. Right now I'm concentrating on just pulling the damn thing until my hamstring strength and endurance go up enough to make variations worth it. Once I'm there I figure I can do overhand pulls, underhand pulls, scarecrow pulls, etc.

Here are a few more sled links:

Zach Even-Esch:
http://www.elitefts.com/documents/endle ... agging.htm

Dave Tate:
http://www.ontariostrongman.ca/Resource ... SBGpp.html

Dan John (I'm going Dan John article crazy lately, no idea why)
http://danjohn.org/iii4.pdf

All good stuff, althought lots of overlap. I like the farmer's walk while dragging stuff in Dan John's article. Crazy. I'll have to fill my two 18L cannisters and walk them while I drag and see if I die because I won't be able to get out of the way of oncoming traffic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:52 am 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

I think this spammer is confused.