ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Computer trouble
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:02 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

I don't know if you guys know anything about this or not but.....................

I am Having trouble getting videos from my camcorder to WMM (Windows Movie Maker) and don't know why. I use to have PMB (Picture Motion Browser) and converted my videos to WMM that way, then my computer crashed so I took it to a computer store and they fixed it like brand new, and now I cant find the PMB on my computer and cant find a free download (that works) any where. I'm able to get the video from my camcorder to my computer but it wont play as a video (just as audio) on WMM. It will play on Windows Media Player and Media Player Classic Hamocinema as both. But I'm trying to make a short film and need to dub some videos together and WMM and PMB were the only programs I could do that on. I've downloaded a Codec Pack and tried to download SPU (Sony Picture Utility) but neither one helped. I've been on the computer for 3 days for 8 hour days trying to figure this out how to get my PMB back up and running and haven't been able to. Can you guys or girls help with this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well it sounds like PBM isn't on your computer now. If this is software you had purchased you could contact the manufacturer.

Another thing you can do is convert the file to WMV, which is what WMM will understand. Like for example, if you have .avi files, you can get something that will convert it to WMV. .avi can be called divx or xvid too. These are two related codecs. If you look around you should be able to find file converters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:34 pm 

Do these not work for a free download?
http://www.qweas.com/downloads/graphic/ ... owser.html
http://esupport.sony.com/CA/perl/swu-do ... mp;SMB=YES
http://www.userdrivers.com/Camcorder/So ... -Software/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:10 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

Ironman wrote:
Well it sounds like PBM isn't on your computer now. If this is software you had purchased you could contact the manufacturer.

No I didn' buy the software, it came on my computer.

Ironman wrote:
Another thing you can do is convert the file to WMV, which is what WMM will understand. Like for example, if you have .avi files, you can get something that will convert it to WMV. .avi can be called divx or xvid too. These are two related codecs. If you look around you should be able to find file converters

WMV!!!! I know what that is, that's what PMB always converted my videos to before I lost it. I don't recognise .avi or the other two though?

stuward wrote:

Actually the first one I haven't tried yet, I'm downloading it right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The .avi/divx/xvid was just a guess. What does the file from your camera end in? If it is HD it is likely an H264, which will be a .mp4 or .mkv depending on the container. Your camera may also use mpg/mpeg or mov if it is older.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:30 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

Ironman wrote:
The .avi/divx/xvid was just a guess. What does the file from your camera end in? If it is HD it is likely an H264, which will be a .mp4 or .mkv depending on the container. Your camera may also use mpg/mpeg or mov if it is older.

I dont know what you ment by "what does the file from your camera end in". And I'm not sure, but I recognize H264 or mpeg, maybe mpg for some reason..........

But this is my camera:

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... 1665291488

Oh and I downloaded that first site you provided, Stu. But when it was done it sed it was corrupted. (That's what all of them sed).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I meant the file name. video.avi, video.mp4, video.mkv, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:26 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It looks like they are .mpg or .mpeg.

"Format : SD (MPEG2)"

So you need something that converts mpg to wmv. You should be able to find those if you google for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:33 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

All right, I found the converter last night. I downloaded it and it worked very well. If you want to see the video then you can go to the "Top Shot" post, click the link, and then click my name. It should give you the option to watch the vid. if not, and you want to see it, I'll find the YouTube URL and post it in that thread.