ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: 2-split or full body?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:00 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Hi guys! I'm new to the forum, and my first post will be a question that I'm sure has been asked before :-)

I work out at the gym 2 times a week, and I'm not sure if it's most efficient to train a full body routine or a 2-split. Any opinions on this?

At the moment I use 2 different full body routines. I think it goes quite well, but since I have only so much time/energy, there's a lot of excersises I can't fit in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:47 pm 
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Just my opinion, and preferences, but I think you are doing the correct thing. I wouldn't do a bodypart split with only 2 training days/week, and I think you are also doing the right hing y using 2 different schedules. You could even add in more different schedules, ust as long as you cover lower body quad dominant, lower body ham dominant at least once each in the week (ex" some type of squat at least once in that training week and some type of deadlift/goodmorning at least onc in the week) and upper body push and upper body pull in each session. Ayear or so ago I did one of Javorek's general fitness/ recreational bodybuilding programs. It was a 3X week, full body, 12 week program, and no two workouts were the same. The emphasis' were shifted each session to promote one area over the others, and i see no reason why that wouldn't work with 2X week. I think you're on the right track, and if you like it, and are seeing results, hey, why fix what isn't broken?
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:57 am 
Novice
Novice

If Ayabara is going to worry about all that he/she might as well split it. The real criteria is first, can you get through it. You're saying barley. The next thing is, does it go over an hour. With answer 1 being barley, I would bet answer 2 is yes. There is an exponential decrease in effectiveness after an hour. Of course more days a week is better, but you do what you can do. Now if it is hard to get through and short, I woudl say a little more rest is all you need and stick with full.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:42 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Think I will carry on with my full-body routine then. Maybe I'll post my schedule for some feedback, but I've got to translate the names of the excersises first :-)

Post subject: christian
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:24 am 
DELETED

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]