ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:26 am 

Whatever argument those two get into can be moved here so that the rest of us can conveniently ignore them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:01 am 
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Shoot Doc, let's not make that retroactive. I'd be spending a week moving it all over here.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:20 am 

Doc,

I know you have that Wizardry Power, But you should be careful... Ironman is an Admin.. Last I checked, Admin Beats Wizard, and Wizard, beats my Lowly Associate status to a pulp.

hahahah

Besides, if we move them over here in this thread, I need an ignore thread button, which also gets rid of the Special Icon showing unread posts...

Cliff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:00 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

Jungledoc wrote:
Whatever argument those two get into can be moved here so that the rest of us can conveniently ignore them.

LMMFAO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:22 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

The $h1t they talk about really boggles my mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:18 pm 

I think they both have careers as politicians :green:

Seriously tho it reminds me of a show I watched back in the day about ancient greece and showing a portion of grecian "hell" that was reserved for former army generals arguing about military tactics for all eternity. I myself was arguing for a bit, but quickly realized there's literally no point in doing so on here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:52 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Its funny this thread has turned into a "comments" thread on thier debating lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:56 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

This could be a comment thread. You can't really create an argument thread though. I have noticed that it does seem to bother people when there is disagreement, even when it is in a thread that nobody else is posting in. Seems like you just wouldn't look in that case, but I understand some people are very uncomfortable with conflict.

Or this could also be used to ask questions if you are curious about some of the topics I mention and would like a detailed explanation.

I could never be a politician for many reasons. Chief among them, I am an atheist. I used to smoke a lot of pot, I do various legal things some segments of the population would find unacceptable, I don't give a flying fv(k about said segment of population, and would likely tell them to go do something obscene to a farm animal. I refuse to be beholden to corporations or other interest groups and would tell them they could shove their bribe money right up their fat asses. There is a small chance I might moon members of "Focus on the Family". I would grant all people including accused terrorists and pedophiles their constitutional rights. I am completely against black markets. I would repeal the electoral college. I would try to disband the senate as they are a useless waste of time, money and government facilities. I could go on. That's probably not even half the reasons I could never be a politician.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:48 am 

It's a joke, of course. I don't really care all that much what y'all argue about. For me, it's that annoying little yellow "unread post" icon. I get real satisfaction from clearing them all, so if there is still a yellow one, I just have to click on it, and then when the posts appear I glance at them, read a few words, and then get curious about what you're saying. I like it when there are two such threads going, cause it then saves time to click the "mark all threads as read" link and I'm not tempted to read.

It is a bit annoying when an argument comes up in the middle of a thread that I'm otherwise interested in, though.

I try to follow a pattern if I am in disagreement with someone. I try to make sure I've stated my point of view clearly. If someone else points out something that I haven't answered, I'll post again, otherwise I just let it go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:39 am 

I just enjoy seeing how completely wrong both of them are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:03 pm 

Ironman wrote:
I could never be a politician for many reasons. Chief among them, I am an atheist. I used to smoke a lot of pot, I do various legal things some segments of the population would find unacceptable, I don't give a flying fv(k about said segment of population, and would likely tell them to go do something obscene to a farm animal. I refuse to be beholden to corporations or other interest groups and would tell them they could shove their bribe money right up their fat asses. There is a small chance I might moon members of "Focus on the Family". I would grant all people including accused terrorists and pedophiles their constitutional rights. I am completely against black markets. I would repeal the electoral college. I would try to disband the senate as they are a useless waste of time, money and government facilities. I could go on. That's probably not even half the reasons I could never be a politician.

You'd have my vote! I'm tired of the whole Machiavellian style of politics. But I know I'm in the minority...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:18 pm 
Novice
Novice

Ironman wrote:
I would repeal the electoral college.

Well, you could try. . . I'm not sure it's possible given our mechanism for amending the constitution.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:26 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

Its not
Quote:
I have noticed that it does seem to bother people when there is disagreement
at all, I don't care if you have a disagreement.

Its
Jungledoc wrote:
It is a bit annoying when an argument comes up in the middle of a thread that I'm otherwise interested in

Exactly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:55 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

hoosegow wrote:
I just enjoy seeing how completely wrong both of them are.

Well, that's why we need you to jump in and correct us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:17 am 

That was a joke Ironman - kind of.