ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR2kUasC ... verified=1

This makes me soo angry! I can't believe some of the sources they're using 'Hollywood personal trainer'. What, does that give them superior skills? The fat woman who's saying "This isn't natural, I've tried everything" etc. Well.. what's natural then, your weight? Who are you to say whats natural when you can't even look natural!!!

I'm also very annoyed at the professionals who don't agree with it stating it's dangerous. If, in their opinion, they don't agree with it, state just that. Don't try change peoples views by using your status to try tell people what's right and what's wrong.

If anyone makes it through this whole video.. Congratulations, I feel so angry right now I need to go for a walk or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:53 pm 
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

" This video contains content from Channel 4, who has blocked it in your
country on copyright grounds. "

maybe it's better I can't see it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:29 am 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

I can't see it either, I want to though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:53 am 

Ohh no! It's worth a watch if you wanna get worked up. It's called Atkins: Fat or Fiction, I'll try find another link.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:35 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Or you could configure Firefox to use a UK proxy. I watched the video with this one: 86.2.4.115 port 3128.

A guide on how to configure Firefox to use a proxy: http://www.hsl.virginia.edu/services/co ... ySetUp.cfm
Follow step 1-6. On step 5, make sure it ends up looking something like this:
Except with the IP and port I provided above and enter these at "HTTP Proxy".

Note that it may take a couple of minutes to load the video.

After you've watched the video, go back to the connection settings video and tick the box "Use system proxy settings", or whatever it was before you changed it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:33 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

I could strangle that nicki - "why hasnt my entire state of being miracolously changed in six days, oh im going to have cereal and fruit this is stupid - poor me"

jesus christ - I can see trying something for a month and getting tired of it, but listen to some damn guide-lines, see how long it should be tested for.

Dunno what that doctor was talking about in regards to the new england study - it just said that it raised good cholesterol, then he outright says it proves other things, but never actually said it didnt raise good cholesterol.

ARGH! NICKI!!! (still watching) bananas bit now jesus nicki i will kill you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:52 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nkkip wrote:
Or you could configure Firefox to use a UK proxy. I watched the video with this one: 86.2.4.115 port 3128.

A guide on how to configure Firefox to use a proxy: http://www.hsl.virginia.edu/services/co ... ySetUp.cfm
Follow step 1-6. On step 5, make sure it ends up looking something like this:
Except with the IP and port I provided above and enter these at "HTTP Proxy".

Note that it may take a couple of minutes to load the video.

After you've watched the video, go back to the connection settings video and tick the box "Use system proxy settings", or whatever it was before you changed it.

Nice! An excellent first post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:37 am 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

I'm watching it just now. About half way through it.

I love Dr Atkins.

I can't believe people find it so unusual. One thing that's killing me just now is the part where they are saying it's a great diet for men because this is how men like to eat............... huh????

Not only should women train differently, but they should eat different things, too.

Steady state cardio and salads with no meat and low fat dressing. Lovely.

Any why the hell is this women using atkins to get inshape for a fitness test? Wouldn't she need to, you know, do some kind of training? People just crack me up.

This isn't specific to that women but it's something that annoys me - people who try to achieve something i.e. a certain time in a 10K run, pass a fitness test, so, what do they do? CUT their calories. Makes perfect sense.

EDIT: I stand corrected. Just seen said women go for a run.

EDIT: Why does all Atkins critics only ever refer to the first phase of the diet? Have they actually read the book?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:49 am 

If men like liftiing weights and eating low carb, why are so many out of shape? There seems to be a lot of stereotyping going on here. In fact most men and most women will eat what makes them comfortable and if they exercise, they will do what comes easiest to them. In both their diet and their exercise, that leaves them open for injuries and health issues. Both men and wonen need to look at diet and exercise as a way to correct deficiencies and build on strengths. Neither will progress until they step out of their comfort zones and do what they need to do vs what they want to do. Of course, this is hard and uncomfortable so most are going to ignore this anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:36 pm 

I originally posted this when I was halfway through and couldn't take it any more. It gets a bit better towards the end but I still could never watch this with a 'conventional' dieter! These are the sort or programs that still come on TV here, I wish they started doing the opposite and had a more balanced style of presenting it. It would generate a lot more controversy and people would talk about it which is a good thing!