ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:32 am 
Rookie
Rookie

For reference I'm an 18 year old male training for overall strength and general fitness. I've been lifting seriously for about a year, lifting "non-seriously" for a year before that. I'm roughly 5'11 and 230pounds at probably between 15-20% body fat (I know this is pretty lousy). I do total body 3 days a week with the free weights and bench I have. I drink one protein shake every morning, and one post workout (Nitro-Tech by Muscle-tech, if brand is important, 200 calories 40g protein, 4g sugar).

Warmup: 5 minutes of resistance rowing, 30 seconds "balls out", 30 seconds cool down rowing, 45 seconds "balls out", 30 seconds cool down and so on.

Incline Bench Press: 3x6-8 (will go back to flat bench in near future, currently trying to work out of a plateau)
EZ Bar Curls: 2x6-8
Barbell Military Press: 3x6-8
Deadlifts: 3x8-12 (New standard plates do not fit on my old standard bars, when I can modify new plates, I'll be doing 6-8 reps with much more weight)
Bent Over Row: 3x6-8
Upright Row: 3x6-8
Shrugs: 3x8-12 (Once again, when I can get more weight...)
Strait Leg Deadlifts: 4x6-8 (increasing the weight with each set to let my back adjust to the weight)
Leg Extensions: 3x6-8
Close Grip Concentration EZ bar curls: 2x6-8
(30-45 seconds rest between each set in all exercises)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:14 am 
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Well, I think it's pretty well constructed, as far as routine is concerned. You may want to make your warm up just that, though, and do the intervals after the weights, though. But I'm not sure that would matter as it's pretty short anyway.
The weight thing looks like it has everything covered, and you're doing it fairly quick paced, which is not a bad idea at all, especially for your goals. The only thing I question is that you are doing two types of DL's. I know you don''t have squat stands, so I can understand why the DL's. I had a similar problem when I was out at sea. I used to clean the bar and front squat, but when it got rough out, and I almost fell over, I stopped doing that. What I did instead was to use a semi-sumo stance DL to put a little more emphasis on quads and hips, and then did the SLDL's or RDL's for the Ham dominant effect. The other thing is the leg extensions. I wouldn't recommend them for anything other than rehabing an injury. If you must do them, be cautious with weight, they can add extra stress to the knee joint. Overall I think you have a good program. Give it a good honest shot.
Good training
Tim

Post subject: Hailey
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:40 am 
DELETED

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]