ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Shoulder Bursitis Help
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:47 am 
I'm 20 years of age and am a bodybuilder new to this forum. At the moment I'm resting and recovering from an inflammed bursa in my left shoulder where there is a small/minor tear in the supraspinatus tendon upon right where this tendon inserts into the bursa. I'm taking about 4-5weeks of pure rest as I've just had a cortisone injection.

I never knew about rotator cuff exercises besides internal and external
rotation prior to my injury. Apparently my burisitis has been caused due to
a weakness in the rotator cuff tendons. Exercises that cause me pain and I'm quite weak in are, dips, shoulder press, one arm overhead dumbell tricep extensions and pullovers.

Can you please let me know what strengthening exercises for stabilising
muslces I should really concentrate on to help me with the above exercises. Any other advice on supplements or stretches or anything that would assist me in preventing my injury from happening again would be much apprecitated.

Thanks so much for your help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:57 am 
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Here are a few good ones. See
http://www.familydoctor.org/265.xml
Also, talk to your doctor, and I'm sure he can give you a good reference list of eercises as well, or at least refer you to a PT that can do it.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:44 pm 
I'd follow the exercises shown in the link; I've done them before and they're all good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:36 am 

When you get back full force, be really careful. I can lose form (I try not to), play around at higher weights, etc with everything but my shoulders. As you and many others have found out, it is so easy to screw them up. For example, if you do too much with military and you smaller tendons and muscles have to work too hard to support. Next thing you know you have torn something when you get a little out of balanced.

Post subject: arnold
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:36 am 
DELETED

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]