ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Shoulder Bursitis Help
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:45 am 
I'm 20 years of age and am a bodybuilder new to this forum. At the moment I'm resting and recovering from an inflammed bursa in my left shoulder where there is a small/minor tear in the supraspinatus tendon upon right where this tendon inserts into the bursa. I'm taking about 4-5weeks of pure rest as I've just had a cortisone injection.

I never knew about rotator cuff exercises besides internal and external
rotation prior to my injury. Apparently my burisitis has been caused due to
a weakness in the rotator cuff tendons. Exercises that cause me pain and I'm quite weak in are, dips, shoulder press, one arm overhead dumbell tricep extensions and pullovers.

Can you please let me know what strengthening exercises for stabilising
muslces I should really concentrate on to help me with the above exercises. Any other advice on supplements or stretches or anything that would assist me in preventing my injury from happening again would be much apprecitated.

Thanks so much for your help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:19 am 
former lurker

Understand I'm not trying to prescribe or diagnose, but I definitly can identify in the same situations. I've met a great pt that helped out my similar situation. See if you get better responses with trying different modalities. Ie: bone manipulation of the humerus, PNF movements of the muscles that attatch to the shoulder, or either some kind of mobilization of the muscle. After trying each modality see which gives you the most improvement in strength or range in a pain free feeling, which ever you might be trying to improve. did you get more range or did your strength levels increase in a pain free setting. My best advice though is to seek help. I don't know where your at but I can private message you some people I've recommended as well as I've seen myself in the rehab world. Good luck

Post subject: Samantha
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:53 am 
DELETED