ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Shaving Razors
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:17 am 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Anyone know a really good shaving razor? I used to always just trim my facial hair but, this new job requires me to have a clean shaven face.

I have sensitive skin and every time I shave I break out, mostly on my neck with a bumby rash. I'm not sure if this is the blades cutting and irritating my hair or the jel.

Also what is a really good shaving cream?

Actually, I'm thinking of getting a straight razor... That would be sick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:56 am 

Andy, I use disposables. I find the BIC Comfort 3 Advance to be comfortable. It has 3 blades. The multiple blades are a benefit but usually a little more expensive. Use a cream for sensitive skin. Foamy, Barbasol, Exact, they're all the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:33 am 

The Gillette Fusion - electric. The blades are expensive but worth every penny if you break out. I use the same brand shaving cream.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:57 am 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

gillette Mach 3 Turbo was the peak of razor technologoy if you ask me, I wouldn't bother spending more for the fusion, you get that pointless little precision thing you don't need, and as for the vaibrate function, what the hell is that about?

If you are getting bumps from shaving it's most likely ingrowing hairs. you'll need to dig the hair out of the bump with a pair of tweezers to get rid of them.

Next time you shave, shave the area that gets bumps in a different direction, that can sometimes sort it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:36 am 

An electric shaver may leave the whiskers just a little longer, making them less prone to ingrowing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:38 pm 

robertscott wrote:
gillette Mach 3 Turbo was the peak of razor technologoy if you ask me, I wouldn't bother spending more for the fusion, you get that pointless little precision thing you don't need, and as for the vaibrate function, what the hell is that about?

If you are getting bumps from shaving it's most likely ingrowing hairs. you'll need to dig the hair out of the bump with a pair of tweezers to get rid of them.

Next time you shave, shave the area that gets bumps in a different direction, that can sometimes sort it out.

The vibrate function is the bomb digity robert. Bomb freakin' digity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:49 pm 

I got the non electric fusion but it really does kick ass. Haven't used it in a few years now as I like my designer stubble

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:53 pm 
Novice
Novice

I use the fusion, with out the vibrating, but I did have a mach 3 with that shook and that worked just as well. To get a close shave, I shave after a shower, then put a hot wash cloth on my face for 1 minute to get it saturated, after I put on the shaving cream, I take an old tooth brush and scrub around, this makes the hairs stand up.

This works pretty well, I also wash my face with neutragena for men skin cleaning face wash, this will help prevent breakouts.

Good luck, I hate shaving.