ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:01 am 

chasing girls mainly. since I live in china, that also requires being able to speak, read and text message in chinese.... a hobby-and-a-half.

photography, playing instruments, nature hikes? geesh! Don't you guys know there's a 70's-style sexual revolution going on over here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:59 am 

RobertB wrote:
I played World of Warcraft for five years but havent played since July now so I consider myself done with it - Im currently destroying Gran Turismo 5 but I tend to only play it in 2 hour bursts and some evenings not at all (as opposed to WoWarcraft where I could do 12 hour sessions)

ya, that game was my first, and last MMO. It sucks you in, next thing you know the weekend is gone and you haven't left your computer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:37 am 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

I'm a big music fan. I play Piano, something I learned classically as a kid and hated. Stopped at around 15. Picked it up again a few years later where I attempt to teach myself the blues and the odd song that people actually know (Lately/Stevie Wonder, was the latest I learned, which was an epic moment for me as i'm not exactly amazing at playing and especially reading music). I class this as a hobby, really, as I can lose myself for hours just improvising. I do intend on getting lessons again, though. I shouldn't sing but do sometimes.

I was actually getting into Darts - I had a board up when I stayed with my now ex g/f. Never a game I liked until I started playing. Got my first 180 in about 3 months. Not played much since I decided to leave, though, apart from the odd boys night at a mates house who has a board.

There's other things I like but haven't had a chance to do any of since I started working 70-80hour weeks. I quite like Golf, for example, but haven't played in ages.

I've now decided I like fishing. My dad has a boat and we went out fishing a couple of weeks ago - Never caught anything as we don't know what we're doing, but we now have a fair idea! Looking forward to doing it again. My aim is to catch, kill, and cook my own meal. Hunter gatherer!

That's about it. Lifting, training people, and everything it entails occupies quite a lot of my life at the moment.

KPj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:02 pm 
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

besides eating, worknig, and watching TV?

was consumed by poker playing online for a few years
interested in investing, like losing more from my desicions, especially, options trading
Cooking. Make a mean hollandaisse
Chess for years, always want to get back to that.
Love to think I'll read fiction for fun eventually. It's as if English class created this stigma for me. But I've always enjoyed reading factual material.
Music, of course. Wixh I had more hours in day to play with the Squeezebox
Loving on my wife.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:49 pm 

"photography, playing instruments, nature hikes? geesh! Don't you guys know there's a 70's-style sexual revolution going on over here?" - bam

Good luck with the VD. ..... Seriously though, you must have some interests other than women.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:09 pm 

Posting on forums.

Stalking people on facebook

Lifting weights

Eating protein

Madden, more of an obsession actually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:24 pm 

Matt Z wrote:
"photography, playing instruments, nature hikes? geesh! Don't you guys know there's a 70's-style sexual revolution going on over here?" - bam

Good luck with the VD. ..... Seriously though, you must have some interests other than women.

Actually tho that's not true. I've known some dudes who think and do of NOTHING else other than the pursuit of tail in their free time. Of course, I only envy those who are good at it. LOL. My dorky upbringing assured me of just a fairly quaint lovelife, although I'm 27 and some stability is nice :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:27 pm 

nygmen wrote:

OK...so are you the type of stereotypical Madden player that selects Hail mary's or almost hail mary type plays 97% of the time and somehow slips it through my cover 2 defense of the bears (the year they went to the superbowl with that D) when your one reciever has 6 DBs around him? Madden is F%$king Bull#@!@ :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:36 pm 

"Actually tho that's not true. I've known some dudes who think and do of NOTHING else other than the pursuit of tail in their free time. Of course, I only envy those who are good at it. LOL. My dorky upbringing assured me of just a fairly quaint lovelife, although I'm 27 and some stability is nice" - Rucifer

Maybe so ... Of course, getting women to go to bed with you and actually knowing what to do when you get there involve two different skill sets. I never was much good at the former, but I have no complaints. I guess I'd rather impress one woman than disapoint many.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:35 pm 

Rucifer wrote:
nygmen wrote:

OK...so are you the type of stereotypical Madden player that selects Hail mary's or almost hail mary type plays 97% of the time and somehow slips it through my cover 2 defense of the bears (the year they went to the superbowl with that D) when your one reciever has 6 DBs around him? Madden is F%$king Bull#@!@ :wink:

No.

Don't get me wrong, I throw deep now and again, and certainly run a "vertical passing" type offense. BUt I'm a run first, pass second player.

That being said passing on First down is the easiest, and I could pick apart a base cover 2 with no problems. I know where the holes are. Seeing as the computer is pretty stupid, I pwn cover two teams after a qaurter or two.

Without stud pass rush, cover 2 will get you killed in that game.

You have to keep the difficulty off "all madden" other wise the attributes you work so hard to pimp are meanignless. You have to play on all pro, and just adjust teh sliders to your difficultly level.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:18 pm 

I'm jealous. You guys actually have time for hobbies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:07 pm 

hoosegow wrote:
I'm jealous. You guys actually have time for hobbies.

I gave up sleeping.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:52 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I make jewelry. I bet a LOT of people in here are interested in that :roll: :green:

Oh, and I play Conquest and TrackMania, and go to music shows when interesting bands are playing here... don't know if it counts as a hobby though. I'm a big music fan :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:17 pm 

Helena, since you like music, check out Paul Thorn. I just discovered him. I haven't heard a song of his I disliked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:17 pm 

I photographed a Merlin (small falcon) today on my way home from work ... first decent photos I've ever gotton of this species.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next