ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:38 pm 

Loud arguments don't count, I mean a real fight. One that was more than a shove or two. For me- it was 7th grade, at least a real one that was more than just a push and shove or two. Haha. I'm 27 now. Lots of close calls but somehow always managed to avoid them, either by my own doing or fate. Damn I'm a wuss :lol:

Oh and for guys like Pdellorto- I mean a "fight fight", not one of your MMA type stuff...like some guy messing with you on the street!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:09 pm 

8th grade. A 9th-grade bully punched me in the mouth, and cut his knuckles on my braces. Strangely satisfying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:09 am 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

One time, This guy called me, "Yellah," I forget what happend after that but I ended up having to fight him the next day or something at 7AM. Anyway I was supposed to leave town that day but my car didnt work so I was forced to fight him in front of this huge crowd of people. To my surprise he decided to bring a pistol. Luckily I was wearing the front door of a small fire place as armour. He thought he got me but ohhh was he wrong. I woped his ass after that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:25 am 
Associate Member
Associate Member

I was in a flight three days ago and have another one in two days. Probably end up in 4-6 a year. Didn't think it was that uncommon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:37 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

jml wrote:
I was in a flight three days ago and have another one in two days. Probably end up in 4-6 a year. Didn't think it was that uncommon.

lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:51 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It was the end of high school, when I was 18. I was throwing a wet paper towel at someone in the locker room after gym class. A few stray drops landed on someone else. I apologized, but that wasn't enough for him. He shoved me, I shoved back. Then he raised his fists and we circled each other about 3/4 of the way around. He got in close to me to take a swing. So I put him in a head lock and slammed his head into some lockers. Then I let him go. A minute later he was yelling threats shaking his fists at me, and that's when the coach walked in. He got busted.

Maybe after that he learned to accept apologies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:53 pm 

College.

I have a crooked nose now, but I broke the kids jaw.

And he went to jail.

lolololol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:43 pm 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Maybe 6th grade ... I got picked on a lot when I was young, and over the years I ended up getting in a fair number of fights with school bullies. Funny thing is I never lost a fight in school. Some got broken up before anyone got the upper hand. Others I won. Then in middle school, I started lifting, and shortly after that kids started leaving me alone.

Last edited by Matt Z on Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:59 pm 

However, I can think of two times in high school when I almost got in fights (seperate occations). One kid just froze. Pretty funny in hindsight, although at the time I was too keyed up to see the humor in it. The other one wacked me in the head with a newspaper, but when I shot up from my chair, he took off like a scared bunny. I chased him maybe 50 yards and stopped, but he kept running. ... I'm told he came back for his books 10 or 15 minutes later after I left. His friends made fun of him pretty bad for that one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:10 pm 

Never. A couple of minor scuffles maybe, but no never.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:18 pm 

Once in elementary school I got in two fights in one recess. The first one was with a little weasel named Anton. He had said something to me and must not have liked my response. He waited until I turned away, then he jumped on my back and started pulling my hair. Anyway, I pulled him over my shoulder, pinned him down and punched him repeatedly in the face/head until one of the teachers aids pulled me off him.

A short while later, Melton, the biggest bully in our grade, came charging across the playground yelling at me about something. I kicked him in the gut two or three times, and then it got broken up. I found out later that Anton had approached Melton and told him that I had said something about his mother. Oddly, Melton wasn't angry with me after he found out Anton was lying, and he never gave me any trouble from then on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:54 am 

For me the last propper one was about 6-7 years ago. After a night out. A group of boys in the place where giving us hassle and were standing outside. One hit my friend (current training partner). At that point it's a bit of a blur, I remember throwing one initial punch, then all his mates jumped in. About 4-5 of them. I remember getting punched in the back of the head whilst facing 2 people and trying to hit whichever one my fists flew towards. My tactic was simply, "head down, wade in". At one point someone grabbed me from behind and tried to pull me down but I stayed on my feet - just. Could of been bad if I went down.... Then they all started running. I felt like some kind of hero, but it was due to an ambulance and police turning up (my friend got hit once, fell back, hit his head, and was knocked clean out for about 20 minutes). I lost my watch, 3 buttons from my shirt, a chain, and a shoe!

An "almost fight" happened about 9 months ago when I stayed with my now ex g/f. We had a party. She was a mess, and I had to put her to bed. I couldn't be bothered with the whole thing (never even invied any of my friends), only had 2-3 beers. Her brother and about 6-7 of his friends were there, though. I checked on her every 10 mins or so, as I'm the type to get paranoid about people being sick in their sleep and choking to death. One of the checks, I went in, and there was one of her brothers mates standing over her, lights off. Very creepy.....

I threw him on to the floor and jumped on him, think I hit him once before a girl who was at the party jumped on my back. I then stood up/turned around really quickly and she flew into a wall. This made me snap out of it to see if she was ok, and gave him a chance to run out the house. I chased him out, and 3 of his friends tried to hold me back. I pushed one (this is now affectionately known as "speed benching" someone) and he fell, hitting his head. I grabbed another - by the HEAD (i have no idea why!) and tossed him, he landed on his shoulder and dislocated it. By this time the boy I was chasing was long gone, which i'm now quite glad about. The boy who popped his shoulder had to go to hospital, but was surprisingly ok about it! I felt terrible though....

KPj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:49 am 
Associate Member
Associate Member

The first fight I remember, happened in preschool.
I was about 5 years old and just running around after a friend.
Suddenly I got hit on the head by a flying stone (the part between my left ear and left eye). A kid wanted to throw it at the guy I was running after, but hit me instead.
I punched/kicked him a few times while I was bleeding.
After that I went to the teacher and said he had thrown a stone at me.

That kid became my best friend for 10 years until we lost contact.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:24 am 
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

seems I recall an "ok, now you have to fight all of us" occasion when I was 6. Aaprently I had pushed? a peer and he told his friends, and all 4-6? of them decided I'd have to fight each one, one st a time. Sometime before any real fighting occurred, my dad came to get me for dinner. Either that is a dream that turned into a memory, or it's true. In which case, I probably avoided the park for years after.
Bascially, I've only been around two or three fights in my life. Been verbally picked on, but never escalated. I like to think of it as having a high threshold - not being a major pussy. Also, I'm careful about who I hang with and where I go. More than once, I've lamented about never having kicked anyones' ass though.
Finally, I'm glad some of you all lift regularly, you seem to have aggression issues to work thru!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:43 pm 

Last fight fight, was in HS. Ex best friend got mouthy one day and we ended up going at it. I hit him so hard I broke my hand. He had turned away to finch as I swung and buckled his knees with the shot. A few minutes later I realized my hand was broken. The next day he saw me with a cast and told everyone he did some karate $h1t and flipped me over his back and broke my wrist. I had a cast on up to my forearm...it was bad. I ended up seeing him the next period and broke my cast over his head. Never talked $h1t again.

I've been in a few altercations over the years at shows. Usually get broken up before anything real happens. Usually people don't fv(k with the largest dude in the room.

Last edited by xshawnxearthx on Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.