ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:32 pm 

Matt Z wrote:
Maybe so ... Of course, getting women to go to bed with you and actually knowing what to do when you get there involve two different skill sets. I never was much good at the former, but I have no complaints. I guess I'd rather impress one woman than disapoint many.

Ah, so true. Especially in China where 'one failure to please' can result in a bad rep in no time.... rarely do you get a second chance and she tells all her friends -- no opportunity to disappoint many. So you have to be on top of your game, healthy and physically fit. I guess it's more of a competitive sport than a hobby. Sure beats fishing.

Rucifer wrote:
Of course, I only envy those who are good at it. LOL. My dorky upbringing assured me of just a fairly quaint lovelife, although I'm 27 and some stability is nice

I don't think even being dorky is a disadvantage -- you never know what turns girls on. I think the key is that when you're doing the deed, be effective, clean and discreet. If you can manage that, all the things that you think are your shortcomings fade away. So practice, practice, practice. It's a learned skill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:22 pm 

Matt Z wrote:
I photographed a Merlin (small falcon) today on my way home from work ... first decent photos I've ever gotton of this species.

Hey Matt, I had a barred owl fly to my feeder on Saturday night. It sat on top for a good five minutes. I was able to watch it for a good five minutes with a pair of really good binoculars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:01 am 

Helena115 wrote:
I make jewelry. I bet a LOT of people in here are interested in that :roll: :green:

Oh, and I play Conquest and TrackMania, and go to music shows when interesting bands are playing here... don't know if it counts as a hobby though. I'm a big music fan :smile:
Helena, what kind of jewelery? Do you have photos on line somewhere?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:04 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Jungledoc wrote:
Helena115 wrote:
I make jewelry. I bet a LOT of people in here are interested in that :roll: :green:

www.helenasoriginals.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:21 pm 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

"Hey Matt, I had a barred owl fly to my feeder on Saturday night. It sat on top for a good five minutes. I was able to watch it for a good five minutes with a pair of really good binoculars." - hoosegow

Very cool. I've seen barred owls in zoos, but never in the wild, although I have seen wild great horned and short-eared owls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:58 pm 

Helena115 wrote:
Jungledoc wrote:
Helena115 wrote:

www.helenasoriginals.com
Nice!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:50 pm 

Just put some seed and suet in the feeder ... Meanwhile, my wife got me a new spotting scope for Valentine's Day. Can't wait to try it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:38 pm 

There's something cool about a birdwatcher who can DL 485!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:09 pm 

Spring migration is underway in Central PA! The snow geese are staging at Middle Creek. Also, I got to try out my new spotting scope today. Very nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:50 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I do the usual girly stuff like crafting and scrapbooking. I have been doing more digital art since it's easier to clean up after wards. I have, in the past done wood carving (relief carving) and have a power carver and rotary tool, as well as several chisels. I haven't done it in a long time, but would like to give it a whirl again sometime. My biggest hobby though, is collecting moose stuff. I lost count of the moose related items I have at around 250. My vast collection even includes two moose tattoos! I told my husband that he's lucky it is moose I collect rather than china dolls :).
Karen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:40 am 

kab3261 wrote:
I do the usual girly stuff like crafting and scrapbooking. I have been doing more digital art since it's easier to clean up after wards. I have, in the past done wood carving (relief carving) and have a power carver and rotary tool, as well as several chisels. I haven't done it in a long time, but would like to give it a whirl again sometime. My biggest hobby though, is collecting moose stuff. I lost count of the moose related items I have at around 250. My vast collection even includes two moose tattoos! I told my husband that he's lucky it is moose I collect rather than china dolls :).
Karen
Do you want to be known as "the moose lady"?

No?

I'm not surprised.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:09 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

kab3261, Have you ever killed and ate a Moose?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:13 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Jungledoc"Do you want to be known as "the moose lady"?

No?

I'm not surprised.[/quote]
Actually Doc, I have been called that (or a variation of) many times! My obsession is, admittedly a bit over the top, so I'm not surprised that I have been referred to that way :roll:

[quote="Jebus wrote:
kab3261, Have you ever killed and ate a Moose?

Jebus, I haven't hunted or killed moose, but I have eated moose meat several times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:29 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

i like poi,
video games
guitar,
drums,
swimming,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:13 pm 

I went birding at Middle Creek WMA today with my wife and son. I saw Canada geese, snow geese, tundra swans, wood ducks, American black ducks, mallards, American wigeons, northern pintails, northern shovelers, ring-necked ducks, common mergansers, double-crested cormorants, turkey vultures, a bald eagle (adult), a male northern harrier and a male red-winged blackbird.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next