ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: bulking diet
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:53 pm 
Offline
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:12 pm
Posts: 2406
omg ub txting


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: bulking diet
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:47 am 
Offline
moderator
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:11 am
Posts: 7489
Location: Kudjip, Papua New Guinea
Matthew, this ain't your cell phone. More people might chip in if your posts could be read. Try spelling even a few of the words in some way that people recognize.

_________________
Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.--Francis Chan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: bulking diet
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:11 am 
Offline
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:44 pm
Posts: 6324
Location: Halifax, NS
I normally ignore any posts not written with normal grammer, capitalization and spelling unless I think the person might be a non-english speaker and then I will make allowances for unconventional grammer. I actually though that was the case here, at first.

_________________
Stu Ward
_________________
Let thy food be thy medicine, and thy medicine be thy food.~Hippocrates
Strength is the adaptation that leads to all other adaptations that you really care about - Charles Staley
_________________
Thanks TimD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: bulking diet
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:26 am 
Offline
Novice
Novice

Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:33 am
Posts: 97
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Sorry guys, i will try my best in future. I'm from belfast in northern ireland, so yes I do speak proper English although i'm not really used to typing on the computer. I really appreciate the advice i'm given it all helps...so as i say I'l try my best to use proper grammer in future. Sorry again guys.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: bulking diet
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:41 pm 
Offline
moderator
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:11 am
Posts: 7489
Location: Kudjip, Papua New Guinea
No one cares if it's not perfect, but we'd like to be able to read it. Thanks.

_________________
Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.--Francis Chan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: bulking diet
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:20 pm 
Offline
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:44 pm
Posts: 6324
Location: Halifax, NS
Matt, revisiting your pot belly issue, how certain are you that you really have a problem? I really don't see anything in your diet that should be causing a pot belly. Could it be a posture issue that makes it look like a pot belly? Is there anything in your diet that you're not telling us about like beer and pizza once in a while?

_________________
Stu Ward
_________________
Let thy food be thy medicine, and thy medicine be thy food.~Hippocrates
Strength is the adaptation that leads to all other adaptations that you really care about - Charles Staley
_________________
Thanks TimD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: bulking diet
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:32 pm 
Offline
Associate Member
Associate Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 1:47 pm
Posts: 458
Location: Nottinghamshire U.K.
Well...for what its worth....my .02

breakfast bowl of whole meal cereal, peanutbutter and jam on toast

next meal chicken/turkey or lean mince 2/3 small potatoes grated cheese pasta or brown rice/ with cookin sauce containing vegetables( same with all meat )

b4 bed more chicken/turkey with pasta and sauce

Probably too much sugar in the red stuff, im guessing the sauce is out of a jar??

Try eggs and bacon for breakfast

Loose the sauce and make your own, say a simple cheese sauce instead.

_________________
--
...I don't have a signature...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: bulking diet
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:29 pm 
Offline
Novice
Novice

Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:33 am
Posts: 97
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
stuward wrote:
Matt, revisiting your pot belly issue, how certain are you that you really have a problem? I really don't see anything in your diet that should be causing a pot belly. Could it be a posture issue that makes it look like a pot belly? Is there anything in your diet that you're not telling us about like beer and pizza once in a while?


Yes for sure it makes me uncomfortable because of being reasonably thin and having dat belly sticking out i could possibly post a photo to show you, but yes every 1 in 2 weekends i would drink aquite a large amount of beer. I mainly stick to fresh food though and dont use my freezer. Thanks stu


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: bulking diet
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:37 pm 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:20 am
Posts: 778
matthewmccaw wrote:
stuward wrote:
Matt, revisiting your pot belly issue, how certain are you that you really have a problem? I really don't see anything in your diet that should be causing a pot belly. Could it be a posture issue that makes it look like a pot belly? Is there anything in your diet that you're not telling us about like beer and pizza once in a while?


Yes for sure it makes me uncomfortable because of being reasonably thin and having dat belly sticking out i could possibly post a photo to show you, but yes every 1 in 2 weekends i would drink aquite a large amount of beer. I mainly stick to fresh food though and dont use my freezer. Thanks stu


Yes, please post a picture - gives us a lot more to work with.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: bulking diet
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:54 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:40 am
Posts: 3967
Jungledoc wrote:
Matthew, this ain't your cell phone. More people might chip in if your posts could be read. Try spelling even a few of the words in some way that people recognize.


Exactly. I only read English. I don't read 13 year old girl.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: bulking diet
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:42 am 
Offline
Novice
Novice

Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:33 am
Posts: 97
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Ironman wrote:
Jungledoc wrote:
Matthew, this ain't your cell phone. More people might chip in if your posts could be read. Try spelling even a few of the words in some way that people recognize.


Exactly. I only read English. I don't read 13 year old girl.


Rite OK i have already apologised. I will use proper grammer in future.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: bulking diet
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:46 am 
Offline
Novice
Novice

Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:33 am
Posts: 97
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Rik-Blades wrote:
Well...for what its worth....my .02

breakfast bowl of whole meal cereal, peanutbutter and jam on toast

next meal chicken/turkey or lean mince 2/3 small potatoes grated cheese pasta or brown rice/ with cookin sauce containing vegetables( same with all meat )

b4 bed more chicken/turkey with pasta and sauce

Probably too much sugar in the red stuff, im guessing the sauce is out of a jar??

Try eggs and bacon for breakfast

Loose the sauce and make your own, say a simple cheese sauce instead.


Yes the sauuce is out of a jar and I think you are rite I would be better making my own to say the least If anything it would certainly be a lot cheaper and I could also up the calories. Thanks mate


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: bulking diet
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:26 am 
Offline
Novice
Novice

Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:33 am
Posts: 97
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
NightFaLL wrote:
matthewmccaw wrote:
stuward wrote:
Matt, revisiting your pot belly issue, how certain are you that you really have a problem? I really don't see anything in your diet that should be causing a pot belly. Could it be a posture issue that makes it look like a pot belly? Is there anything in your diet that you're not telling us about like beer and pizza once in a while?


Yes for sure it makes me uncomfortable because of being reasonably thin and having dat belly sticking out i could possibly post a photo to show you, but yes every 1 in 2 weekends i would drink aquite a large amount of beer. I mainly stick to fresh food though and dont use my freezer. Thanks stu


Yes, please post a picture - gives us a lot more to work with.


It is telling me the file size of the pictures is too big do you know how I can make them a smaller file size or any other way of pasting them up? ..Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: bulking diet
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:00 am 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:20 am
Posts: 778
upload it to imageshack.us and post the link.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: bulking diet
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:42 am 
Offline
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:44 pm
Posts: 6324
Location: Halifax, NS
matthewmccaw wrote:
...Yes the sauuce is out of a jar and I think you are rite I would be better making my own to say the least If anything it would certainly be a lot cheaper and I could also up the calories. Thanks mate


If you make your own, you can control what goes in it. A common ingredient in processed foods in fructose, usually in the form of high fructose corn syrup. This is the main contributer to a pot belly. Fructose is directly dealt with by the liver where it is turned immediately into fat and abdominal fat accumulation is a sign of an overloaded liver.

_________________
Stu Ward
_________________
Let thy food be thy medicine, and thy medicine be thy food.~Hippocrates
Strength is the adaptation that leads to all other adaptations that you really care about - Charles Staley
_________________
Thanks TimD


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next


All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group