ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Back with new Results
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:34 pm 

I know I havent been on here in awhile and I apologize for that. I just came on to post some new results and discuss some things with you all just like good old times :D. Ok, now joking asside, I made some pretty amazing progression in the last 2 months and I highly believe its because i found a really good formula for this.

My workout is basically like this now
Week 1:
Go really hard and combine a 10 rep routine with a 5 rep, 3 sets for each rep range. I lift 3 times a week here plus extra cardio with my dog, stair running, shadow boxing, wrestling, etc.

Week 2:
Only do 10 rep scheme but do 5 sets of all lifts. Still same cardio

Week 3:
Focus on 5 rep scheme and do at least 5 sets. (this is the point where I start feeling worn down)

Week 4:
Cut out a lot of sets but keep weight consistent (taking it easy) I basically do 2 sets of 5 and 2 sets of 10 here on all exercises and this is the week Ill do only 3 to 4 exercises a workout. I barely do extra cardio here.

Repeat this, im on my 4th week 1 now I believe!

Overall, this new plan works really well for me. I get the best of both worlds (power and stamina) while balancing them both nicely. Week 4 is where my body recovers and is ready for another week 1 routine.

I also found some interesting new cardio ideas for myself that keep cardio fun
#1 Bunny hopping stairs instead of running. This is by far one of the most challenging workouts Ill do period and Ill only perform this once in a while because it is draining. After just 20 of these my heart is pumping like crazy and i feel light headed. All you need is a flight of stairs for this. I only do this bare foot.

#2 Running with my dog. This is really fun and my dog really keeps a good pace. I usally have to run much harder than usual to keep up with him.

Well thats basically my new workout plan. It really gave me results that I just love. My arms have nice veins on the bicep area, my legs are like rock solid and my abs are just about getting ready for beach season ;) FOr the first time in my life, i have BLADES on my shoulders

great to be back and ive been reading a lot of the posts for some new ideas ( I really like to change things up now)

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:26 pm 
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

apology accepted

I need a shot of your eh... enthusiasm

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:02 pm 

was that a steroid joke lol? your joking right?

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:11 pm 
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

I'll let you know on May 30th...

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:42 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

So how much can you lift?!?!?!?!? I'm sure everyone will agree with me on asking how much ur squat is now!