ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:30 pm 
Offline
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:20 pm
Posts: 4424
mdog wrote:
I bet most of you are all single and for the most part live in your parents basement playing video games. Immature idiots.


I love it! Please can this thread go in the good enough to keep section?

Sure I live in my parent's basement, but I can stay out as late as I want


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:44 pm 
Offline
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:04 am
Posts: 3129
Location: Va Beach, Va
Yeah RS, I've been enjoying and keeping out of this. I see IM's already in it and I can't wait to see what he comes up with next. Tim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:06 pm 
Offline
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:04 pm
Posts: 1106
I bet Ironman could take on a whole group of irrational ignoramuses, alone.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:22 pm 
Offline
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:12 pm
Posts: 2406
you know mdog above that kitty picture was actually a post with text that you could address with valid arguments

you care way too much what a bunch of "idiots" will believe


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:52 pm 
Offline
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:20 pm
Posts: 4424
TimD wrote:
I see IM's already in it and I can't wait to see what he comes up with next.


I always feel sorry for those who oppose his might. He's too powerful!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:34 pm 
Offline
Novice
Novice

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 5:54 pm
Posts: 85
[quote="mdog"] This is nothing more than a herd mentality, one lemming following the other to solidify your need to be accepted and show camarderie.

You guys are acting like a bunch of high school kids, to go and find a picture like that, really, its pathetic.

I bet most of you are all single and for the most part live in your parents basement playing video games. Immature idiots.[/quote]

mdog these statements do nothing to support your position-- if anything they weaken it and cause us to question your maturity.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:48 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:40 am
Posts: 3986
mdog wrote:
That last post shows the level of maturity that I am dealing with. This is nothing more than a herd mentality, one lemming following the other to solidify your need to be accepted and show camarderie. Malocclusions do cause musclar imbalances, look it up, first look up what a mal-occlusion are. I did not post after one person said that I was spamming and he soiled his pants that google may pick it up. I have even DM some other people on this forum so I wouldn't come across as someone that is spamming. You guys are acting like a bunch of high school kids, to go and find a picture like that, really, its pathetic.

I bet most of you are all single and for the most part live in your parents basement playing video games. Immature idiots.


Oscar already stated the main point of my response. So no point in repeating that. I'm happily married, living only with my wife, and enjoying a fairly successful career of a technical nature. Video games are fun, but I'm more of a movie buff. I also enjoy learning about various things of interest.

Quote:
That last post shows the level of maturity that I am dealing with.

ad hominem

Quote:
This is nothing more than a herd mentality, one lemming following the other

This is a reverse of the proof by popularity fallacy. Here the argument is not, "it's popular, therefore right", but the opposite "it's popular, therefore you are wrong". It is also a baseless assertion that everyone only picked their position due to one other person (Jungledoc maybe?), taking that position. However there is no way for you to have knowledge of that, as you have not established that anyone has a lack of understanding of what they were saying. In fact there is empirical evidence showing just the opposite is true for some of us.

Quote:
Malocclusions do cause musclar imbalances

You have no evidence to support this. It is not my responsibility to provide evidence for YOUR silliness.

Quote:
You guys are acting like a bunch of high school kids

A rephrasing of your opening ad hominem, this time containing a cliche simile.

Quote:
to go and find a picture like that, really, its pathetic.

A perfectly valid opinion. I thought it was very amusing, myself.

This of course brings me back to what Oscar said.
It's not surprising you did that though. You pretty much did that last time as well.



Some closing notes for the spectators: This is a typical reaction. Getting a little angry, plenty of insults, feigning offense, etc. If you will notice it's very similar to my exchange with Peter Rouse a while back. However this guy is a bit on the calm side, and Peter probably has anger management issues. So the reaction is usually in between these. Of course conspiracy theorists do tend to have much stronger reactions than any sort of alternative medicine advocate.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:12 am 
Offline
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:20 pm
Posts: 4424
it always amazes me how angry people can get when their views are challenged on forums. Who cares what some guy you've never met and probably will never meet thinks about your beliefs? And besides, isn't the whole point of these forums to stimulate discussion and debate? If everyone just agreed with each other all the time we'd never learn anything new.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:55 am 
Offline
moderator
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:11 am
Posts: 7503
Location: Kudjip, Papua New Guinea
mdog wrote:
That last post shows the level of maturity that I am dealing with. This is nothing more than a herd mentality, one lemming following the other to solidify your need to be accepted and show camarderie. Malocclusions do cause musclar imbalances, look it up, first look up what a mal-occlusion are. I did not post after one person said that I was spamming and he soiled his pants that google may pick it up. I have even DM some other people on this forum so I wouldn't come across as someone that is spamming. You guys are acting like a bunch of high school kids, to go and find a picture like that, really, its pathetic.

I bet most of you are all single and for the most part live in your parents basement playing video games. Immature idiots.

Naa-naa naa-naa naa-naa.

I'm mature. Really I am, and if you say I'm not, I'm going to tell!

And what's wrong with my parents' basement?

_________________
Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.--Francis Chan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:42 pm 
Offline
Associate Member
Associate Member

Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 8:09 am
Posts: 339
Location: Buckhannon, WV
I told you guys not to feed the troll.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:01 pm 
Offline
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:12 pm
Posts: 2406
jlmoss wrote:
I told you guys not to feed the troll.


Sorry, Dad

Hey don't you have some hay to bale or wood to chop!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:51 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:40 am
Posts: 3986
jlmoss wrote:
I told you guys not to feed the troll.


I think the troll was feeding me if anything.....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:01 pm 
Offline
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:12 pm
Posts: 2406
Ironman wrote:
jlmoss wrote:
I told you guys not to feed the troll.


I think the troll was feeding me if anything.....


touche


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:52 am 
Offline
Associate Member
Associate Member

Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 8:09 am
Posts: 339
Location: Buckhannon, WV
Oscar_Actuary wrote:
Hey don't you have some hay to bale or wood to chop!


http://www.videobash.com/video_show/hay-baling-fun-2721 (Sort of suitable for work/family, but not really if your boss doesn't have a sense of humor with guy stripping and all.)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:11 pm 
Offline
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:12 pm
Posts: 2406
jlmoss wrote:
Oscar_Actuary wrote:
Hey don't you have some hay to bale or wood to chop!


http://www.videobash.com/video_show/hay-baling-fun-2721 (Sort of suitable for work/family, but not really if your boss doesn't have a sense of humor with guy stripping and all.)


:thumbright:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4


All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group