ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:38 pm 

robertscott wrote:
ezekiel bread is supposed to be pretty good for you...

I would just drink a protein shake.

Ezekiel bread is proof that when you're starving you can survive by eating garbage baked in human feces.

Strength is the adaptation that leads to all other adaptations that you really care about - Charles Staley

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:43 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

If I remember correctly, Ezekiel appealed the ruling on human dung for fuel and got a pass, so he did not actually do that.

...ah, had to look it up, in 4:15 it's downgraded to cow dung, which puts Ezekiel in the same group as the American pioneers who settled the great plains.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:48 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

Edit:
A few mins too late....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:53 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

Heh, never heard of Ezekiel bread, lol. I'm assuming they use the 'dung' for the leavening which should cook off during the baking process.

Heck, people around here, New York, and above it go crazy for a specialty bread called Salt Rising Bread which doesn't use yeast for leavening. What most people don't know is what the bacteria is that's used to leaven the bread. Clostridium Perfringens, which in certain strains cause severe food poisoning to death. Heck, it's even said that it was stock piled in Iraq for use in their 'dirty bombs. *shrug* We have to be careful whenever we make it to not cross contaminate unbaked with the baked stuff. The bacteria cooks off/evaporates after it reaches the correct temperature though which is what I'm thinking about the Ezekiel w/dung :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:29 pm 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

stuward wrote:
robertscott wrote:
ezekiel bread is supposed to be pretty good for you...

I would just drink a protein shake.

Ezekiel bread is proof that when you're starving you can survive by eating garbage baked in human feces.

what the hell is that? For the record, I didn't mean chow down on a turd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:21 pm 

So it's the best to eat: eggs + milk + fruits + unprocessed whole grains...
Anyone eats unprocessed whole grains? How do you make them ready for eating? You cook them or something else... Image

wtf with those dungs Robert?Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:47 pm 
In Memoriam: TimD

Yes, I use unprocessed whole grains, usually mixed with legumes, lentils being the choice for me. However, I use them somewhat sparingly, mixed with fibrous veg. I'll get to that in a minute.I'll usually cook up some barley, quinoa, or brown rice. I usually do a cup dry, cook them according to the grain. Separately I'll cook up a half cup dry of lentils or blackeye peas. I'll mix them together after they're both cooked, and place into t least two different containers, and one goes into the freezer right away for storage. I'll use the other one from the refrigerator to add for breakfast. My usaual mixture would be a 1/4 to a 1/3 cup of grain/legume added to at least a cup of chopped fibrous veg, in my case usually broccolli, califlower, or spinach, or a mixture. Them I'll top it with a meat mixture or scrambled eggs. Another thing I do a lot is to add the grain/legume, veg, and throw in some cheese, and then pour over 3-4 beaten eggs, and make a crustless quiche out of it. Kind of like a large version of the egg muffin the guys were discussing earlier. I like it as it adds some texture to the mix, and in the morning keeps me satisfied.
Tim

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:42 am 

Stefan 93 wrote:
P.S. I'm not a fan of those stupid eggs so it would be nice if there is another option.
HEY! Now I'm really mad. I rise to the defense of all eggs everywhere. Delicious! Nutritious! It's the near-perfect food! Plenty of protein, healthy fats, micronutrients that you don't get anywhere else. And they're delicious, besides. Oh, I already said that. Did I mention how nutritious they are? Well, they are!

What other food can you prepare in such variety of ways? Fried sunny-side up or over, scrambled, poached (my mother's favorite, rest her soul), omlettes, mixed with an endless variety of meats, veggies, cheese. Scramble some with a little meat, tomato, peppers, onions, maybe a few mushrooms, top with cheese of choice and salsa and sour cream--a taco scramble!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:26 am 
Associate Member
Associate Member

And they seem to totally kill hunger for me.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:23 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I can go from 8am to 11.45 with two eggs and a couple of slices of ham - no problems

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:00 am 

TimD nice choise for breakfast! I haven't heard of anything that interesting... But it needs 30 minutes to be prepared...
So I guess I could try 2 eggs + rice + one fruit.

Is something important in bread? If there is some vitamin or something I guess it is in rice, too...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:21 am 
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

greek yogurt with fruit

Cabot rocks.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:48 am 

Stefan 93 wrote:
TimD nice choise for breakfast! I haven't heard of anything that interesting... But it needs 30 minutes to be prepared...
So I guess I could try 2 eggs + rice + one fruit.

Is something important in bread? If there is some vitamin or something I guess it is in rice, too...

Actually, no it doesn't take long to prepare.That's why I do the Grain/legume mix once a week and store it in separate containers in the fridge and freezer, so you can dip it out of a container, mix it with some left over chopped meat, veg, throw in some cheese and dump eggs over the top, then microwave it for a minute or two. I do the same thing with the veg. I cook up a lot of it, chop it up, and put them in the fridge for futere mixes. So after you do the mixes, then on following days, it's simply a matter of going into the fridge and scooping out the precooked mixtures, mixing everything together and microwaving it. Takes no more than 10 mins maximum to get it ready to eat.Those mixtures will store a few days in the fridge, and longer in the freezer.
Tim

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:31 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

I eat around 90 eggs a week, around 800 grams of protein.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:50 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

Rik-Blades wrote:
I eat around 90 eggs a week, around 800 grams of protein.

Wow, that's a lot of eggs, lol. So, 13 eggs a day? Really, that much? You eat them all at one time for a biiiig breakfast, or do you just eat egg breaky, lunch, & din-din?