ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: creatine
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:49 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

when picking out a creatine is there suppose to be some kind of ingredient we r looking for or r they all the same and as anyone tried krush creatine it has flavors i want something that taste good and goes down easy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Here is some good stuff here. Just mix it.

http://www.t-nation.com/category.jsp?ca ... 1#creatine

Or just dump a scoop of it in your mouth and wash it down with your protein shake like I do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:44 am 
In Memoriam: TimD

Hi Ironman. As to the put it in your mouth and wash it down, well, I've done that, before I did research on the subject. Oh, and yes, I got some effect, but I also got diahrea pretty bad as well.The idea is to take creatine totally disolved, so that it can enter the bloodstream immediately.Without that, it ends up in the intestines, draws in water and possibly you might feel the efects of what happened to me. Taking it disolved, I've had no problems at all.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:36 pm 

Don't waste a lot of money on the pre-mixed stuff. That's all I can say. TimD, I had a somewhat similar experience when I first started using creatine. I followed the directions - it said to load, take 5 scoops daily. The problem was that the scoop in the bottle was your standard protein scoop. You want to talk about pain... I put 2 and 2 together and figured it out. In other words, I was taking 2.5 weeks worth a day. I wouldn't recommend that to my worst enemy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:45 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

this is the stuff the guy was trying to get me on krush4 http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/krush.html
anyone try it? and i was wondering if its cheaper to buy it online im canadian a big one is like 80 dollars

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:24 am 

Gsus, well, the product you referenced sounds like a typical mix of sugars with the creatine. They do it like that to set up an insulin spike to get it into your system fully and quicker. Personally, I really don't like messing around much with inciting insulin spikes, especially with 45 grams of sugars in one serving. Insuin can be a double edged sword. It's great for getting nutrients into the muscles, but it can also lead to fat storage. I'd reommend just getting the regular creatine monohydrate, and if you want the insulin,fine, just mix it up in about 6 ounce of grape juice. I remember in the early 90's, when it started to become ppular, most of the guys I met would pour about 6 ounces of grape juice, diute it with water (another 8 ounces or so- to allow the creatine to dissolve) and mix in the creatine. Seemed to work just fine without all the commercial delivery systems.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:56 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

how does it taste regular creatine monohydrate and instead of juice i was thinking i would take it with water. would i just scoop it in my mouth and drink the water or mix it in water and drink it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:16 pm 

Creatine works best when fully dissolved. Takes about 16 oz of liquid. As to water vs juic, well, that's up to you. The juice is useful when trying to set up an insulin delivery system. It's been my experience that it's relly not needed, but other's swear by it. As to scooping it in your mouth and washing it down, read my previous post. Also, before taking any supplement, you should really go out and research as to 1, what does it do, 2. How does it do it 3. What doseages are most effective, and 4. How do I take it>. Walking into something blind is really not the best way to approach things.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:54 am 
Rookie
Rookie

TimD wrote:
Creatine works best when fully dissolved. Takes about 16 oz of liquid. As to water vs juic, well, that's up to you. The juice is useful when trying to set up an insulin delivery system. It's been my experience that it's relly not needed, but other's swear by it. As to scooping it in your mouth and washing it down, read my previous post. Also, before taking any supplement, you should really go out and research as to 1, what does it do, 2. How does it do it 3. What doseages are most effective, and 4. How do I take it>. Walking into something blind is really not the best way to approach things.
Tim

If I would like to take it with my protein, can I just mix my protein along with the creatine in 16oz of water. How long do I have to wait until the creatine's dissolved, or can I simply drink it right after shaking?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:12 am 

That's a loaded question, Faisal. I have no idea what's in your "protein drink". Tjhey vary by manufacturerer. If it has some sugas in it, then fine, blend it up, and go. If not, you may need to dilute it by adding some water. In any event, just make sure it's dissolved, and isn't gritty to the taste, and you will be fine. Creatine is natural, and is found in lots of foods, just not in mega quantities, and won' hurt you at all.
Tim