ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 38  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:46 am 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

On the whole ancestry thing, I recently found out my 23rd great grandfather was Louis IX. You may call me "Your majesty" from now on.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:14 am 

Only if you change your name to "Louis".

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:59 am 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Doc, on deload day do you do the same effort for planks, or do you do shorter duration, less weight, fewer reps, something like that?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:32 pm 
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

I think the DL was probalby 310 for 6.
Nice job.

One person's workout I'll never try to emulate would be nygmen. He's insane. at least Matt Z has a simple looking program, just impossible loads. I wouldn't do nygmens training with the fury pink dumbells.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:40 pm 

KenDowns wrote:
Doc, on deload day do you do the same effort for planks, or do you do shorter duration, less weight, fewer reps, something like that?

Deload is pretty random for me, so I can't really give a consistent rule. Usually I'd do about the same as always on something like planks.

Oscar_Actuary wrote:
I think the DL was probalby 310 for 6.
Nice job.

One person's workout I'll never try to emulate would be nygmen. He's insane. at least Matt Z has a simple looking program, just impossible loads. I wouldn't do nygmens training with the fury pink dumbells.

The DL in that entry was completely bogus--I must of transcribed something else. It was actually
5x225
3x245
6x275
I don't see what I was copying to type the numbers I did. I hope that within a couple of cycles I'm doing 310 for that many reps!

I was actually just coming on here this morning to whine about my sore glutes. The box squats seem to be something that I need!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:19 pm 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Nice to see you pulling 6 x 275 on your 1+ day. That's no joke, even if T-Nation writes and powerlifting pros might think otherwise. Good for you Doc.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:30 am 

Thanks. I felt pretty good about the day. I'm doing well right now on everything except press. I've got some shoulder mobility problems, or ROM problems or something. Missed reps on 5s day. But I think I'll get a new bench PR this cycle, and both dead and squat are going well for now.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:11 am 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Jungledoc wrote:
Bench
3x140
3x160
3x180!!!

Bench--A really big rep record for me. I missed 180 for 1 in July, and my all-time PR is 185.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:05 pm 
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

KenDowns wrote:
Jungledoc wrote:
Bench
3x140
3x160
3x180!!!

Bench--A really big rep record for me. I missed 180 for 1 in July, and my all-time PR is 185.

Awesome.

what he said

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:12 pm 

Thanks, both of you! I think I'm ready to move past the point that I was at nearly 4 years ago. Just before my youngest son left home, we were trying for him to reach 300 and me to reach 200 before he left. We didn't either make it, but he has now moves well past 300, while I've been stuck in the 160s and 170.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:57 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi!

I had a look at your log: very cool.

I like how you did Deadlifts and then a set of Light Squats and then Chins. Good stuff :-)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:47 am 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

I thought Doc's made some good progress on those squats today -

Squat
3x200
3x236
9x265

Then i checked the last cycle -

Squat
3x175
3x200
4x225

Then the penny dropped. They're deadlifts. I sent you a facebook request so you could look at my photos which i've still not put up yet. To my shame. But there are photos from my previous two trips for you to peruse at your leisure.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:35 pm 

Thanks for telling me! Yeah, I was really sleepy last night, and I dozed off a couple of times while going through the forum, and posting my w/o. I remember seeing that I had typed squat instead of DL, and I thought I corrected it, but I bet I just typed squat again. 5s day on my last cycle went to 8x255, so I'm pretty pumped about getting 9x265 this time.

See you on FB.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:26 pm 
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

you skull crush what you CGBP ? (is that for convenience and time saver)
Your deload skul crush is relatively strong, imo
Also, is what do you think of doing 3 rep sets for that move/muscle?

Either that, or I'm doing something all wrong. Do you treat it like a pulloever, or hold the elbows stable?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:12 pm 

No, there's an error there somewhere. I logged it late last night, so I'll go back and edit. I was doing CGBP for speed. It occurred to me while I was doing them that the technique I was using wasn't ideal to target tris (listen to me talk like BB--"target" for goodness' sake), so I started trying to move my touch point higher and higher up my chest. When I finished my sets, I took the weight off the bar and did some skull crushers with the empty bar. That's probably what I logged wrong. The CGBP was light for me, though. It's deload time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 38  Next