ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Milk - for non babies
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:27 pm 

Hi, I found out (maybe) 3 week ago that if you're not a baby and you're not drinking milk of your mother that you'll only have problems with milk.
Choose whichever animal you want and you'll still have problems!
Milk will drain Calcium from your bones because it changes ph of your blood and it needs to be returned to normal with (you guessed it!) Calcium from your bones! Regular milk drinkers have more bone injuries.
And of course you'll have gasses and you'll have to go to the toilet after drinking it.

Yogurt and cheese are good...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:29 pm 
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Stefan 93 wrote:

common ground

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:57 am 
Powerlifting Ninja
Powerlifting Ninja

Stefan 93 wrote:
Hi, I found out (maybe) 3 week ago that if you're not a baby and you're not drinking milk of your mother that you'll only have problems with milk.
Milk will drain Calcium from your bones because it changes ph of your blood and it needs to be returned to normal with (you guessed it!) Calcium from your bones! Regular milk drinkers have more bone injuries.
And of course you'll have gasses and you'll have to go to the toilet after drinking it.

"Stupid is as stupid does."

That is some of the dumbest thing that I've ever heard.

Medication

To regain some sanity, you need to do one of the following:

1) Increase your dosage

2) Decrease your doage

Kenny Croxdale

Last edited by Kenny Croxdale on Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:48 am 

Stefan 93 wrote:

Seriously, do you think that what you eat affects the pH of your blood? Really? Where did you find this out?

Also, this has me really curious. If I don't drink milk, then I won't have to go to the toilet? That would be a real time-saver in my life!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:51 am 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

I thought this was obvious trolling and didn't bother to response..Was he serious afterall? Oh lord.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:58 am 

The problem is that there are grains of truth in what he's saying but it's blown out of proportion. If someone is getting gas and diareha after drinking milk it's likely a loctose intolerance and they should avoid lactose. That's pretty easy to do since most dairys have a lactose free product available. Calcium from milk is not the most bio-available and it's common for paleo eaters to avaoid milk and do very well. However, for people on a conventional diet, dairy is probably better than most of the crap they eat. Cultured dairy like cheese and yogurt is usually better than plain milk, but most commercial yougurt products have so much sugar it's just like eating candy. The PH balance of the body issue is overblown. Eating more vegetables and less grains is the easy solution anyway.

Strength is the adaptation that leads to all other adaptations that you really care about - Charles Staley

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:38 am 

I wrote it that way to see what would you say. But think about this:
you eat soy - you have less testosterone,
you eat apple - you eat pesticides,
you eat bread - you get diabetes,
you drink milk...

From my expirience and people around me. Many have gasses, but I don't know about diarrhea. I used to go to the toilet just to get rid of those gasses and when I almost stopped drinking milk I wasn't going there anymore.
I was drinking at least 2 cups per day when I was 13 years old and mine clavicle was broken easily.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:48 am 
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Dub wrote:
I thought this was obvious trolling and didn't bother to response..Was he serious afterall? Oh lord.

hard to tell with this kid, he's all over the place and comes and goes.

Looks like he meant it
Or he's the new king troll
Or confuses anecdotal with science

Last edited by Oscar_Actuary on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:48 am 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Stefan 93 wrote:
I wrote it that way to see what would you say. But think about this:
you eat soy - you have less testosterone,
you eat apple - you eat pesticides,
you eat bread - you get diabetes,
you drink milk...

Now you're just stupid, seriously. You forgot the part that when you eat food, talk to the phone or walk on the street you get cancer. And chicken gives you salmonella of course. Yeah, things have an effect on other things, but when you say bread gets you diabetes and milk breaks your bones you are just trolling. The point being is, that you're making this vastly bigger than they really are to prove your point.

Quote:
From my expirience and people around me. Many have gasses, but I don't know about diarrhea. I used to go to the toilet just to get rid of those gasses and when I almost stopped drinking milk I wasn't going there anymore.
Yeah, and that is totally the cause of your body that can't handle and alter the lactose. You don't consume lactose, and the problem is gone, get the point?

Quote:
I was drinking at least 2 cups per day when I was 13 years old and mine clavicle was broken easily.
And now your clavicle has stopped breaking? And it just suddenly broke occasionally? Well, I would rather say there are more bigger reasons behind this than milk.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:33 am 
former lurker

Stefan 93 wrote:

studies show 1/3 of the world population has little to no trouble digesting milk... those that do have what's called lactose intolerance. this means they don't produce the enzyme that digests lactose (milk sugar) in sufficient quantity, therefore the bacteria in the intestine have access to the lactose and cause pH imbalance and gasses in the INTESTINE, not the blood. many people will have problems with milk after they are about 2 years old, but not for the reasons you listed

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:40 am 
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

I'm not chemist, but this looks informative
For a first post, that makes it suspect

Please, dumb it down.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:48 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

fitnessphreak wrote:
Stefan 93 wrote:

studies show 1/3 of the world population has little to no trouble digesting milk... those that do have what's called lactose intolerance. this means they don't produce the enzyme that digests lactose (milk sugar) in sufficient quantity, therefore the bacteria in the intestine have access to the lactose and cause pH imbalance and gasses in the INTESTINE, not the blood. many people will have problems with milk after they are about 2 years old, but not for the reasons you listed

Now that's what I call a good first post.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:09 pm 

Here is something interesting: Article from Discover Magazine.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:58 am 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

just let it go Stefan. For every article you come up with demonising milk, there's one that says it's the business.

Just let it go.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:01 am 
Powerlifting Ninja
Powerlifting Ninja

Stefan 93 wrote:
Here is something interesting: Article from Discover Magazine.

The China Study

The information in the "interesting" article you provide comes from T. Collin Campbell's book, The China Study. I read it a few years ago.

Stacking The Deck

The information in Campbells's book is psuedo-science. That meaning he picks and chooses research infromtation that presents his point of view.

Any reserach information that contradicts his point of view is NOT presented.

Bad Science or Fradulance

Campbell bends the truth to suit his needs and beliefs.

Second Opinion

This is NOT ONLY my opinion.

The China Study: Fact or Fallacy
http://rawfoodsos.com/2010/07/07/the-ch ... or-fallac/

This article dissects the information in the book.

Campbell The Oxymoron

What is amazing is how someone like Campbell can be so smart and stupid all at that same time.

Kenny Croxdale