ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Posting Guidelines
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:38 pm 

Alright recently things have been getting out of hand on here. Threads tend to get derailed more often and it doesn't make for good discussion, so I'd like to make a few general guidelines. If you have any more guidelines just throw them at me I'm open for suggestions.

1). Have friendly discussions with one another. There is no need to use derogatory comments for any reason (ie: flaming). It will do nothing for the discussion other than make it heated which is pointless since it solves NOTHING. Generally any heated discussions end up getting locked in the end so don't do it.

2). Keep the threads on track. The OP is the one who controls where the thread is heading. There is no reason to have side discussion within the thread, that is what the Lounge is for. Also if you have a question Start Your Own Thread, don't intrude on a existing one it's disrespectful and is not a good habit to get into.

3). Make use of the Search function before posting. We keep on getting the same Q's over and over on here (ex: DOMS, protein shakes, rep range for burning fat) which can get monotonous.

4). Use a little common sense when creating a thread. Don't ask stupid questions such as "Will flexing after exercise hurt my muscles?" If you do desire to anyways, create it and put it in the Lounge. Also if what you want to discuss is irrelevant to the genre of this website please Create A Thread in the Lounge.

5). Trolling, don't do it. This would be deliberatively creating arguments for the hell of it to cause the most disruption as possible. On this list would also be continuously asking the same questions even though it has already been answered.

6). Spamming, this would be creating posts to either increase your post count so you can feel proud of yourself and/or they are posts which are not beneficial to a discussion or placing ads on the board which is in competition with this website or are considered junk.

7). If you want a question answered either Start Your Own Thread or use the Search function. Please don't resurrect a thread from several months ago to have a question answered, it creates extra work for us to have to split the topic.

*If you notice that you posted a comment and it mysteriously disappeared then it may have been deleted due to any of the above reasons.

**Depending on the severity of the actions going against the listed guidelines it is possible your account will either be suspended or there will be an IP ban.

Last edited by ironmaiden708 on Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:10 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:41 am 
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

We'll give a lot of leeway with number 4. There really aren't any stupid questions. Just think a bit before you ask.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:49 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Number 6 can cause VERY bad things to happen. Many people have been totally pwned!!

Post subject: Re: Posting Guidelines
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:04 am 
former lurker

Thank you. Read it carefully and If I done something wrong, Let me know. By the way, I'm new in this place.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:12 pm 

How could you have done something wrong? It's your first post!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:11 pm 
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

hah, that is awesome

We get the good ones. I may stretch those laws occasionally
There was the one person who complained she? was being banned/lockedout unfairly. IM strainghtened it out. And, well, never see her? again.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:33 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

lol
Very amusing...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]