ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

How do you prefer to squat
Box squats 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Deep Squats 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
Normal Squats 63%  63%  [ 5 ]
Other 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I don't squat 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 8
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:06 am 
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/Gluteus ... Squat.html

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:15 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

CorlessJohnJ wrote:
Jungledoc wrote:
He deads 500. I'm not worried about his hams and glutes.

Wow. Impressive. Ill make sure when I attempt 495 ill make sure i add the 2.5's to join the club k doc ;) lol

You have to. Those darn 2.5's have stopped me many times!!! :-(

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:17 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

CorlessJohnJ wrote:
http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/Quadriceps/BBFrontSquat.html

wolf check out that target muscle.

I don't do Front Squats to target any muscle though. I'm not sure what I am supposed to be looking for. It's the same exercise done with a cross grip.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:56 am 
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

_Wolf_ wrote:
CorlessJohnJ wrote:
http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/Quadriceps/BBFrontSquat.html

wolf check out that target muscle.

I don't do Front Squats to target any muscle though. I'm not sure what I am supposed to be looking for. It's the same exercise done with a cross grip.

ok, I'll bite.

Why are you doing them ?
Are you just saying you're doing them as part of building overall strength and not to "grow big quads"? As in growth is a side effect but not a goal? Or are you saying there is some non strength/muscle related reason you do them, like, you enjoy the pain of 300 lbs across your clavical?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:47 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well, I love Front Squats and that is why I want to get strong on them. I don't care at all about getting bigger quads or glutes or whatever else. I do love the feeling of 300+ pounds sitting on my clavicle. It isn't pain because I associate pain with something negative. Nobody is forcing me to lift lol.. And I have no morbid fascination of hurting my body haha so I really am doing FSQ because they make me happy.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:49 am 

_Wolf_ wrote:
Well, I love Front Squats and that is why I want to get strong on them. I don't care at all about getting bigger quads or glutes or whatever else. I do love the feeling of 300+ pounds sitting on my clavicle. It isn't pain because I associate pain with something negative. Nobody is forcing me to lift lol.. And I have no morbid fascination of hurting my body haha so I really am doing FSQ because they make me happy.

Thats more than enough reason. I'll do them eventually. Not sure where I would throw them in though lol

Kyle Chandler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:37 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well, if you wanted to add them in now, you would have to put some things on the back burner and focus on them to get better at them. But it can be done - at any time you want. You just have to be open to learning something new and for that to happen you need to love what you're doing.

This is how I look at it because at the end of it nobody is forcing you at gun point to deadlift or front squat or run or jump or whatever else you train for. You want this. You.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:57 pm 

John, when I was trying to incorporate front squats (I'm not at the moment) I started adding them to my squat warm-up, and gradually increased how much weight I'd use. So, I'd alternate sets of FS and BS with light weights. Or I'd add in a few sets of FS on my "light" squat day.

Unlike wolf, I hated the feeling of any weight sitting on my clavicles. I could never get good arm position to feel secure with them, so I always had the feeling that the bar was about to roll down my arms and off my elbows. I haven't given up on them forever, but I have bigger issues to work on.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:06 pm 

Jungledoc wrote:
John, when I was trying to incorporate front squats (I'm not at the moment) I started adding them to my squat warm-up, and gradually increased how much weight I'd use. So, I'd alternate sets of FS and BS with light weights. Or I'd add in a few sets of FS on my "light" squat day.

Unlike wolf, I hated the feeling of any weight sitting on my clavicles. I could never get good arm position to feel secure with them, so I always had the feeling that the bar was about to roll down my arms and off my elbows. I haven't given up on them forever, but I have bigger issues to work on.

I did the front squats tonight after deep squats... amazing workout also did lunges. Definitely killed it im gonna be a weirdo and post my workout first time in ages haha

Kyle Chandler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:09 pm 

So, people who post their workouts are wierdos?

Wow. That guy calls me a moron, and now you call me a wierdo. My self esteem has taken a major plunge today! :grin:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:13 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Jungledoc wrote:

Were you using a cross grip or a clean grip?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:16 pm 

Jungledoc wrote:

Wow. That guy calls me a moron, and now you call me a wierdo. My self esteem has taken a major plunge today! :grin:

doc im referring to myself for being weird for randomly posting a workout when i dont post regularly...haha

Kyle Chandler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:00 am 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Jungledoc wrote:

don't forget my abusive haiku. The tide has turned against you Andy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:33 am 

Wow. I've been moroned, wierdoed and haikued.

Wolf, I've used both. I like the clean grip better, but I can only put 2 fingers on the bar. The cross grip works OK, but it feels odd to me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:16 am 

Andy, my daughter is studying journalism and I've told her that if she doesn't pi$$ someone off once in a while, she's not doing her job. You're obviously doing something right.

Strength is the adaptation that leads to all other adaptations that you really care about - Charles Staley

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next