ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:37 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

PRESS Training - Mesocycle 39 Week 1

Overhead Press and Dumbbell Rows: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li1H6DIkj5o

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:33 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

DEADLIFT Training - Mesocycle 39 Week 2

This is last night's training..

I worked up to

475 x 2
500 x 2
500 x 1
385 x 6

Good Stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNSofH5d6Jg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:40 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

SQUAT Training - Mesocycle 39 Week 2

Front Squats:
275 x 4
275 x 3
315 x 1
255 x 4
185 x 10

Some PC work and Rows...good stuff!!!

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnjpHcAK8_s

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:57 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

BACK Training - Mesocycle 39 Week 2

Weighted Pull-ups and Suitcase Deadlifts:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWB2WSWs_yM

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:12 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

PRESS Training - Mesocycle 39 Week 2

Did a 185 lbs OHP which is just a few lbs less than my BW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhfvnd8qMEQ

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:16 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

DEADLIFT Training - Mesocycle 39 Week 3

Last night's training...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waxDgBjtD0w

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:51 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

My plan for the next Mesocycle:

Mesocycle 40 Click Here

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:50 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

SQUAT Training - Mesocycle 39 Week 3

Crazy blackout with 315 at the top...never ever EVER happened before: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjOPvwmz2Dc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:12 am 
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

whoa.
I notice on the first 315 fail the bar pn the floor behind you. It was out of the way when you blacked out. That all could have been tragic
Did you do anything to make sure you were good to go again?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:25 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Oscar_Actuary wrote:
whoa.
I notice on the first 315 fail the bar pn the floor behind you. It was out of the way when you blacked out. That all could have been tragic
Did you do anything to make sure you were good to go again?

That would have been tragic. I didn't even realize that till you brought it up. Good Lord....

Umm...no, basically I blacked out because I choked myself while unracking and then after I failed I just sat down, did some breathing, chilled for 15 minutes, drank some water and my protein shake and then I went back - except when I went in for Attempt #3 I felt really weak but I just had to get it because I know me: this would have haunted me for a long long time.

I'm so glad you commented...I've been wondering why nobody writes in my log. Maybe I should go and write in someone else's log.

Thank you :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:52 am 
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

_Wolf_ wrote:
I'm so glad you commented...I've been wondering why nobody writes in my log. Maybe I should go and write in someone else's log.

Thank you :)

There could be a lot of reasons

- you clearly have solid coaching and are not here primarily to learn (newbs get more folkd like me trying to give them pointers)
- you pretty much cover it with video and writing in your log and you discussion thread (generally people will not duplicate info in both, but hey, that's your option :wink:
- several logs get little comment, but rest assured they are read
- often "your" lifts will inspire questions in the general section so we'll illicit more comments, but maybe it wont be attributed to you.
- we're all busy
- it's hard to think of anything aside from "dang, you're strong" and we're still building confidence in your ideas. For example if you were Eric Cressey? you might get more traffic. I'd ask you more about how to improve my mobility to do Front Squats (I can't keep my elbows elevated) because I'd really like to get good at that exercise. But I dont ask you because right now, I'm likely unwilling to put in the effort and don't want you asking me how it's going and I have to say "ehh.. I'm pudding out, haven't been doing it".
- What sorts of comments would you be expecting?

I know we're glad to have you. A quality poster.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:00 am 
Novice
Novice

_Wolf_ wrote:
I've been wondering why nobody writes in my log.

Hey Wolf, I'd write in your log if, I had something to contribute! Noobs like me have a long way to go!

BUT...I'll mention that since seeing your front squats (the ones without the blackouts!) and hearing about other members doing them - I've started incorporating them as accessories. Your vids are great - I do admit to watching them before I drive home from work, so I'm pumped to get straight into my training when I walk in the door :cheers:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:11 am 
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

and one more big reason
this place is a bit cliquish.
And as with any "community" sometimes it takes awhile to break in. Some folks here have me on ignore. You have likely not offendd anyone, but there's a little "lets see if he's going to be around, no need to waste time building e-lationships for a driveby poster"

why am I still awake?

maybe my lack of sleep is holding me back

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:50 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Oscar_Actuary wrote:
- it's hard to think of anything aside from "dang, you're strong" and we're still building confidence in your ideas. For example if you were Eric Cressey? you might get more traffic. I'd ask you more about how to improve my mobility to do Front Squats (I can't keep my elbows elevated) because I'd really like to get good at that exercise. But I dont ask you because right now, I'm likely unwilling to put in the effort and don't want you asking me how it's going and I have to say "ehh.. I'm pudding out, haven't been doing it".

Ahhh I understand. I hopefully things will change in time.

Oscar_Actuary wrote:
- What sorts of comments would you be expecting?

Well, nothing in particular...not even training related. Just general stuff. I dunno..I wasn't expecting anything actually..just some activity. Certainly not the thump on the back kinda thing though..just general questions like what I do, etc etc. It may not even be training related - regular chitter-chatter hahaha

Oscar_Actuary wrote:
and one more big reason
this place is a bit cliquish.
And as with any "community" sometimes it takes awhile to break in. Some folks here have me on ignore. You have likely not offendd anyone, but there's a little "lets see if he's going to be around, no need to waste time building e-lationships for a driveby poster"

I noticed the cliquish-ness already...which is why my comments are always so brief.

I understand the "wait and watch" approach..makes sense and thats fine: I'm not going anywhere.

:)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:57 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ausbris wrote:
Hey Wolf, I'd write in your log if, I had something to contribute! Noobs like me have a long way to go!

BUT...I'll mention that since seeing your front squats (the ones without the blackouts!) and hearing about other members doing them - I've started incorporating them as accessories. Your vids are great - I do admit to watching them before I drive home from work, so I'm pumped to get straight into my training when I walk in the door :cheers:

I don't need y'all contributing to thump me on my back for every lift or anything...I just mean dropping by, saying hi...lol...it sounds silly, I know.

I'm glad my videos help you out..

That blackout was insane and we have a trick up our sleeves to keep it from happening. I can't be making breathing mistakes at my level. It could have been really costly.

I used to have Front Squats as accessories too..but then I shifted once I realized how much fun it is.

I'm not a bodybuilder like most of you guys - another reason why I probably attract such little traffic (I hate using that word because it sounds like I'm a product) and at the same time I'm not a powerlifter or a strongman. I'm just a strength trainee. Simple :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next