ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:55 am 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Oscar_Actuary wrote:
thanks again Mr Ward.
More bacon, at low cook temps and reserving the fat for later
win win.

Oscar, I was just looking up how Andre Agassi eats. You may remember that he had a dramatic comeback largely due to his straightening out his diet. His partner, Steffi Graf was asked :

What five foods do you always keep in your fridge?
Steffi: Fruit, vegetables, eggs, bacon and pickles.

Strength is the adaptation that leads to all other adaptations that you really care about - Charles Staley

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:29 pm 
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

oh.
pickles are great for fill up and some tang.

Good to know info Stu.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:17 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

You can try this, I eat it every morning because I don't waste my time on making some stupid breakfast:
pistachios, walnuts, brazil nuts and one teaspoon of honey. And you can't get allergies if you eat them every morning (like you can from eggs and dairy).
And when you are hungry after a few hours you can buy something nice when you're on work or cook something...

Of course, if you're fat or train in the morning this won't work out...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:42 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

Stefan 93 wrote:
You can try this, I eat it every morning because I don't waste my time on making some stupid breakfast:
pistachios, walnuts, brazil nuts and one teaspoon of honey. And you can't get allergies if you eat them every morning (like you can from eggs and dairy).
And when you are hungry after a few hours you can buy something nice when you're on work or cook something...

Of course, if you're fat or train in the morning this won't work out...

Warning! This advice may contain nuts.

Did you read the subject title?

How does eating honey decrease the sugar level?

Curious...I wonder what advice you would give to a fat person who works out in the morning?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:28 pm 

Stefan 93 wrote:
And you can't get allergies if you eat them every morning (like you can from eggs and dairy).

Huh? What do you base that on? Many people develop allergies to nuts, some of the most severe allergies I've heard of are to nuts. And allergies to eggs and dairy ain't all that common, either.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:40 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I know of people who might die if they even eat something from the same factory as products with nuts.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:50 am 

yeah nut allergies are crazy. My mum was the resident doctor in a school where a kid nearly died because he used a teaspoon that had been used for peanut butter and then washed in a dishwasher!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:30 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Something is in here: article from Charles Poliquin.
Well, of course, if you have allergy to nuts that you can't eat them! But if you don't have allergy (and it is easy to check) you can eat them as much as you want.
Code:
More than often enough, when we test first time clients for food sensitivities we find that they have antibodies to the food they have consumed on a daily for years. That is even more true in  bodybuilders, it not uncommon to see them have allergies to beef, eggs, whey, casein, tuna and oatmeal, the basic bodybuilding staples.

Rik-Blades, I got impression that deter_dangler doesn't have diabetes and that he only wants to eat something healthy, and you can't get much healthier than honey.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:42 am 

Stefan 93 wrote:
...Rik-Blades, I got impression that deter_dangler doesn't have diabetes and that he only wants to eat something healthy, and you can't get much healthier than honey.

I debate your last point. Honey is almost all sugar and will produce a hormal response similar to table sugar or HFCS. It has trace levels of some micro-nutrients as well as small levels of anti-oxidants and may have some antiseptic and antibacterial properties. These vary widely according to location and floral source of the necter. Yes honey is healthier with regard to other sweeteners, but it's still sugar. It also carries a small risk of botulism.

Strength is the adaptation that leads to all other adaptations that you really care about - Charles Staley

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:12 pm 

Stefan 93 wrote:
you can't get much healthier than honey.

whut? Seriously Stefan, this shonky dietary advice of yours is getting out of hand

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:21 pm 

Stefan 93 wrote:
.... And you can't get allergies if you eat them every morning ...

Did you even read that Polquin article? His argument was to rotate your meat and nuts so you're not eating the same thing every day.

You know that if you just sent the link to that article in the first place, that would have been useful. He's written an update to it. http://www.charlespoliquin.com/Articles ... pdate.aspx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:57 pm 
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

stuward wrote:
His argument was to rotate your meat and nuts

glad there is finally a reputable trainer encouraging this.

ps. Stephan is a way better troll than me. If by better I mean whacked out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:10 pm 

Stefan 93 wrote:
Something is in here: article from Charles Poliquin.
Well, of course, if you have allergy to nuts that you can't eat them! But if you don't have allergy (and it is easy to check) you can eat them as much as you want.
Code:
More than often enough, when we test first time clients for food sensitivities we find that they have antibodies to the food they have consumed on a daily for years. That is even more true in  bodybuilders, it not uncommon to see them have allergies to beef, eggs, whey, casein, tuna and oatmeal, the basic bodybuilding staples.

Rik-Blades, I got impression that deter_dangler doesn't have diabetes and that he only wants to eat something healthy, and you can't get much healthier than honey.

But you said "And you can't get allergies if you eat them every morning (like you can from eggs and dairy)." That's what I was saying is crazy. Then you admit that people can get allergies to nuts, so you're contradicting yourself. Everybody with an allergy to anything got it at sometime. We aren't born with allergies--they develop at a point in time. And the more often you eat something, the more likely you actually are to developing an allergy to it. And one is no MORE likely to develop an allergy to dairy or eggs.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:39 pm 
n00b
n00b

Hmmmm. I pretty much eat the same things everyday. Egg whites, chicken, broccoli, the like. I never thought my repetition could create an allergy. Maybe I should add more variety into the rotation...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:21 am 
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

acanta wrote:
Hmmmm. I pretty much eat the same things everyday. Egg whites, chicken, broccoli, the like. I never thought my repetition could create an allergy. Maybe I should add more variety into the rotation...

yes, yolks would be a good start.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next