ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: probiotics
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:52 am 
Offline
Novice
Novice

Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:41 am
Posts: 93
can't you just eat yogurt for probiotics and garlic for prebiotics or am i missing something here


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: probiotics
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:17 am 
Offline
moderator
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:44 pm
Posts: 6401
Location: Halifax, NS
commodiusvicus wrote:
can't you just eat yogurt for probiotics and garlic for prebiotics or am i missing something here

You can, although most commercial yogurt is bastardized beyond recognition as a food and most people don't want to eat that much garlic. I like Frank's idea of making your own.

_________________
Stu Ward
_________________
Let thy food be thy medicine, and thy medicine be thy food.~Hippocrates
Strength is the adaptation that leads to all other adaptations that you really care about - Charles Staley
_________________
Thanks TimD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: probiotics
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:11 pm 
Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice

Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 1:26 pm
Posts: 121
Location: Anza, So. Calif. Mountains
Hi ya Doc.! When you comming back to the US to compete with all the wonderful Doc's we now have? Ha!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: probiotics
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:31 pm 
Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice

Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 1:26 pm
Posts: 121
Location: Anza, So. Calif. Mountains
Do a Google search on home made probiotics, and you will see It's very easy (a little messy) to make. I found a 1.5 gal. glass jar with glass lid for under 15 bucks at Walmart? You can tell It's working by eating a little too much and getting a minor stomach ache. At least that tells you the good bacteria is working, and if you have terrifying bad gas it will stop it. Make sure you use canning or sea salt that has nothing else in it. This has been a Betty Crocker moment.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: probiotics
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:00 pm 
Offline
Associate Member
Associate Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 1:47 pm
Posts: 458
Location: Nottinghamshire U.K.
anzafrank wrote:
Do a Google search on home made probiotics, and you will see It's very easy (a little messy) to make. I found a 1.5 gal. glass jar with glass lid for under 15 bucks at Walmart? You can tell It's working by eating a little too much and getting a minor stomach ache. At least that tells you the good bacteria is working, and if you have terrifying bad gas it will stop it. Make sure you use canning or sea salt that has nothing else in it. This has been a Betty Crocker moment.


I think you should maybe take this advice with a pinch of alka seltzer salts :pukeleft:

_________________
--
...I don't have a signature...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: probiotics
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:06 pm 
Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice

Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 1:26 pm
Posts: 121
Location: Anza, So. Calif. Mountains
Rik-Blades wrote:
anzafrank wrote:
Do a Google search on home made probiotics, and you will see It's very easy (a little messy) to make. I found a 1.5 gal. glass jar with glass lid for under 15 bucks at Walmart? You can tell It's working by eating a little too much and getting a minor stomach ache. At least that tells you the good bacteria is working, and if you have terrifying bad gas it will stop it. Make sure you use canning or sea salt that has nothing else in it. This has been a Betty Crocker moment.


I think you should maybe take this advice with a pinch of alka seltzer salts :pukeleft:


And you are an expert on probiotics? I think you are showing your ignorance.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: probiotics
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:04 pm 
Offline
Associate Member
Associate Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 1:47 pm
Posts: 458
Location: Nottinghamshire U.K.
anzafrank wrote:
Rik-Blades wrote:
anzafrank wrote:
Do a Google search on home made probiotics, and you will see It's very easy (a little messy) to make. I found a 1.5 gal. glass jar with glass lid for under 15 bucks at Walmart? You can tell It's working by eating a little too much and getting a minor stomach ache. At least that tells you the good bacteria is working, and if you have terrifying bad gas it will stop it. Make sure you use canning or sea salt that has nothing else in it. This has been a Betty Crocker moment.


I think you should maybe take this advice with a pinch of alka seltzer salts :pukeleft:


And you are an expert on probiotics? I think you are showing your ignorance.


Its okay mods...I shant bite :thumbleft:

_________________
--
...I don't have a signature...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: probiotics
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:30 am 
Offline
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:12 pm
Posts: 2406
Rik-Blades wrote:
Its okay mods...I shant bite :thumbleft:


<---- this guy thought you were joking


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: probiotics
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:09 am 
Offline
Associate Member
Associate Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 1:47 pm
Posts: 458
Location: Nottinghamshire U.K.
anzafrank wrote:
Do a Google search on home made probiotics, and you will see It's very easy (a little messy) to make. I found a 1.5 gal. glass jar with glass lid for under 15 bucks at Walmart? You can tell It's working by eating a little too much and getting a minor stomach ache. At least that tells you the good bacteria is working, and if you have terrifying bad gas it will stop it. Make sure you use canning or sea salt that has nothing else in it. This has been a Betty Crocker moment.


Rik Blades wrote:
I think you should maybe take this advice with a pinch of alka seltzer salts :pukeleft:


Oscar_Actuary wrote:
Rik-Blades wrote:
Its okay mods...I shant bite :thumbleft:


<---- this guy thought you were joking


Didn't mean to offend. It was meant as a joke, just in BAD TASTE! groan.... :roll:

_________________
--
...I don't have a signature...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: probiotics
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:22 am 
Offline
moderator
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:11 am
Posts: 7503
Location: Kudjip, Papua New Guinea
It's OK, Frank. He's a good kid, and was just joking, not criticizing.

_________________
Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.--Francis Chan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: probiotics
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:16 pm 
Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice

Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 1:26 pm
Posts: 121
Location: Anza, So. Calif. Mountains
Sorry Rik, this is what happens when you get old and senile. Your brains fall out, and you can't tell when someone is joking. My bad.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: probiotics
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:33 pm 
Offline
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:20 pm
Posts: 4424
isn't Rik in his forties?...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: probiotics
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:01 pm 
Offline
Associate Member
Associate Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 1:47 pm
Posts: 458
Location: Nottinghamshire U.K.
robertscott wrote:
isn't Rik in his forties?...


sadly...sniff!

_________________
--
...I don't have a signature...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: probiotics
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:03 pm 
Offline
Associate Member
Associate Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 1:47 pm
Posts: 458
Location: Nottinghamshire U.K.
anzafrank wrote:
Sorry Rik, this is what happens when you get old and senile. Your brains fall out, and you can't tell when someone is joking. My bad.


Dont worry about it, its my dry British sense of humour :thumbleft:

_________________
--
...I don't have a signature...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: probiotics
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:32 pm 
Offline
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:12 pm
Posts: 2406
Note to self: They will love you in Britain.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group