Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:50 am 

Nevage wrote:
robertscott wrote:
Nevage wrote:
Good shout! I just assumed my triceps finished 3/4 of the way on my arm like my biceps. Might be able to make them look a bit longer now.

that, my friend, is bodybuilding!

The beauty of it! I remember when I first learned about building up my brachioradialis to 'fill in the gap' of my short biceps. It's amazing what you can do to hide bad genetics. I'm gonna look like this one day:

Maybe not the size, but the proportion. I think my chest/delts are very capable of the size but not my arms.

You want the stash too? lol

Kyle Chandler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:26 pm 

Defo!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:58 pm 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Nevage wrote:
Defo!

look who's back! Where've you been all my life?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:08 pm 

I'm making a comeback! I've still been reading but being a working man now rather than a student bum, my free time isn't what it used to be! I miss uni so much! What's been going on in your life? Still at uni?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:36 pm 

yeah man, I'm halfway through third year. It's pretty good, gets me out the house 3 days a week! I'll tell you man I've worked, and I've been a student, and the student lifestyle suits me much better.

How's your training going? Mike Mentzer size yet?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:01 am 

I hated 3rd year, my dissertation still gives me nightmares! Training is going well, deadlifts have rapidly increased and been experimenting with IF which seems to fit in well with my weird hunger habits anyway. I'm always hungrier in the evenings and can quite happily fast all day without noticing! Weekends I tend to go a bit nuts though.

Training's such a pain with work as well, if I miss a session it's missed until next week now rather than just doing it the next day! I need a new split where I can do tues/wed/thurs if I have to like this week where I fell asleep after work when I got in last night! Any ideas? How has your's been going? Still ripped?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:30 am 

yeah man I'm still ripped haha, I actually had really good success with IF over the summer, but I've dropped it now in favour of all day eating again. I think I'll go back and forth between IF and eating "normally" every 6 months or so now for the rest of my life. I found IF showed really good results for the first couple of months but then levelled off a bit. Probably do it in the summer months from now on. How're you finding it?

My training's kinda funny. I messed up my back so been finding ways to work round that (loads of single leg stuff, GHRs and hip thrusts) but I've been getting stronger on everything so can't really complain. The ultimate goal of a ripped 200lbs by summer 2013 is still potentially achievable.

As for the tues/wed/thurs you could maybe look at WS4SB? That would probably work

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:35 pm 
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

push / pull / legs ?

Upper / Lower / Upper
Lower / Upper / Lower

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:51 pm 

I'm finding IF easy but it's just the weekends at the moment. I love my drink and my drink loves its takeaways. If I didn't drink alcohol I would be shredded! But I'm still leaner for doing IF especially combined with low carbs during the week. In the summer I'll be a lot stricter on weekends but at the moment only having a small amount of carbs pre and post training so it's still doing the trick slowly but surely, by the time summer's here I'll have less fat to lose than normal.

I went for upper/lower/upper (push/legs/pull), haven't done legs all in one session in years, it felt good!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:48 pm 

Nevage wrote:
I'm finding IF easy but it's just the weekends at the moment. I love my drink and my drink loves its takeaways. If I didn't drink alcohol I would be shredded! But I'm still leaner for doing IF especially combined with low carbs during the week. In the summer I'll be a lot stricter on weekends but at the moment only having a small amount of carbs pre and post training so it's still doing the trick slowly but surely, by the time summer's here I'll have less fat to lose than normal.

I went for upper/lower/upper (push/legs/pull), haven't done legs all in one session in years, it felt good!

You're not alone there mate, booze is the number one thorn in my bodybuilding goal's side! It's hard being a twenty-something year old male when every weekend all your mates want to go out boozing and you don't want to miss out. Let's face it, a night out with techno and booze is a whole load of banter!

IF is a good choice for sumer cutting, I went down 2 notches in on my belt in about a month despite gaining weight and getting stronger on everything. Sad thing was it plateaued really fast...

I'm thinking after xmas I'm going to get my head down and do some serious training. The festive season's always boozy as hell, so a few weeks off will be just what I need.

Meh, there's just too much temptation in the world, and I can't resist any of it!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:01 am 

"i can resist everything except temptation"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:15 pm 
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

KPj wrote:
"i can resist everything except temptation"

love it

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:25 pm 
Necromancer
Necromancer

Has anybody actually found any evidence (other than anecdotal broscience) that stuff pine supination could affect the medial/lateral head emphasis?

I don't understand how this would work if it did. It's not like elbow flexors where the biceps and brachioradialis are attaches to the radius and so their length changes by the rotation. The triceps are all attached to the same insertion onto the ulna, so why would supination do anything?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:48 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

tyciol wrote:
Has anybody actually found any evidence (other than anecdotal broscience) that stuff pine supination could affect the medial/lateral head emphasis?

I don't understand how this would work if it did. It's not like elbow flexors where the biceps and brachioradialis are attaches to the radius and so their length changes by the rotation. The triceps are all attached to the same insertion onto the ulna, so why would supination do anything?

I think you have a point there. It kinda sounds like bull$h1t to me too.