Alright it's now time to start Program 2. I think it is appropriate to arrange some goals so this stuff actually has literal meaning also. Since I know almost nothing of my capabilitys yet, the goals may be either very shy or completely over the top. Lets see.
These goals are met in the following 12 weeks:
- The squat is not ment to increase too much. My goal for the next three months is to add depth to the squat. I need to learn to squat below parallel, even with heavy weights. What happened on the last program was that when the weights increased, the squat elevated. It was no longer deep enough. Well, to fix that I must shove my ego aside and bite the hardcore weights and feel the failure. Goal is to squat below parallel at every friggin set!
- The Deadlift is one of two lifts that I focus most on (hence the assisting moves). Last result was 135kg. Three months from now, I will deadlift over 145kg. So yeah, I will add 10kg(22lbs.) to my deadlift. Once I get the lift off going it shouldn't be bad. Goal is to increase the deadlift by 10kg.
- The Bench Press is the second Main lift I focus on. I believe increasing my bench will be much harder than increasing deadlift, so I put my goal is to reach 82.5kg on bench. That's a 7.5kg more than I did last time. I think it's possible.
- The Overhead Press will also go up. Last time I pressed 52kg. I'm aiming to break 60kg. Now that's a migthy raise, and if I can do it, it's a pad on the back for me. a Huge milestone. But I think it's very achievable, since I feel I'm still on the beginner phase on this, so my numbers will go up quite fast. We'll see. My goal is to increase the overhead press by 8kg.
- The last one is the barbell row. It's a tricky move, because I somehow don't take it so seriously like I do on the other main lifts, but still I keep it as my main lift. Well, we need a goal. I believe my back strength will increase alot during this workout phase, so I believe my rows will go up also. 85kg is where I aim. So the goal is to raise my rows 8kg also.