ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: plyo's
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:30 pm 
I have a few different books where in them, they have tables that state how many contacts you should do per session for the different levels of plyometric exercises.

I tried to follow that this indoor season but think i over trained as i got jumpers knee for the first time...

What is the correct number of contacts i should do for this specific workout for example, (reps and sets and rest) then ill know how to do it for the other a bit better.

This is the entire workout;

1-Bounds
2-Single let bounds
3-reactive jumps between 4 60cm boxes
4-drops off 30cm box into long jump take off

Maybe this is too many exercise? im not sure...hopefully you can help.

Thanks. Nick

Post subject: plyos
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:21 am 
n00b
n00b

How many sets are you doing per week, you might have been doing too many sets per week. You're actually only supposed to do one to two sets per week do to the high impact nature of plyometrics. Also if you could post what sport you are doing it for, that might help in getting some more advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:56 am 
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Nick, only really you can determine what volume works for you. I remember sending you a talored program for jumper, sprinters that included loading for the plyo's. Have you tried using it and self - tailoring it for your use? Also, for some more specifics, see
http://www.athletes.com/fun/plyometrics.htm
Tim

Post subject: plyos
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:41 pm 
yeah, im a long jumper...what i was doing is, generally 3 sets of 6 for each exercise...with 3-8 mins rest between each set depending on training phase and how hard the exercise was....i did plyos twice a week, but also did some LJ tecnique work on those days, which included some jumping from short approach.

Post subject: clark
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:12 am 
DELETED

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]