It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:04 am 

I went back and fixed it for you.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:53 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

hoosegow wrote:
I are an Aggie (that's Texas A&M University to you non-Americans).

Well cheer up, they still place Rice once/year, no?

Anyway I knew a couple of aggies. They were out hunting and they happened upon some tracks. While they were arguing over whether they were bear or deer tracks, a train ran over them.

Another couple of aggies I know went way up north and managed to bag a moose. They were dragging it by the tail, getting a whole lot of nowhere, when another hunter happened along told them they would find it much easier to drag it by the antlers, not the tail. So they did for awhile, and one said, "You know this is easier, but it's still incredibly heavy, I don't know about this antler business." The other said, "Yeah, and since we switched we're getting farther from the car too."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:57 pm 

An old Aggie went into a bar and sat down at a table, asked for 3 glasses, which he arranged carefully around the table, and asked the bartender to fill them each with whiskey. He then proceeded to sip from first one glass then another until all the whiskey was gone. The bartender said, "this is an odd way to drink--why do you do it this way? The Aggie said, "Well, I was just at my class reunion. While there I went out for drinks with my 2 best friends from college. We're all getting old, and we live in different parts of the country. We agreed that it's unlikely that we'll ever be able to attend another reunion, so we agreed that we'd meet symbolically for drinks every Tuesday for the rest of our lives."

The bartender thought that was a really touching custom, so from then on, every Tuesday when the old Aggie came in, he would immediately fill three glasses and arrange them around the table. The Aggie would then sip from each glass in turn until he finished, and then leave quietly.

One Tuesday, the Aggie came in, and as the bartender started to set out the glasses, he held up a hand to stop him and said, "only two glasses this time". The bartender filled the two glasses, and waited quietly as the old Aggie drank them. Then he said, "I'm so sorry; has one of your friends passed away?" "Naw", said the Aggie. "I quit drinking".

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:13 am 

No. They haven't played Rice since the SWC broke up.

I can't tell my favorite Aggie joke. Ironman and Doc would ban me for life.