ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3964 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230 ... 265  Next
 Post subject: Re: Random crap
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:07 am 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

I also get a little frustrated when two fighters clinch or go to the ground, and the morons in the crown start booing. It's MMA, not boxing. Grappling is part of the game. I can understand separating or standing up two fighters if they're just stalling, but not if they're actively working for position or trying for submissions. Also, I don't like to see stand-ups when one fighter has a dominant position like side control, mount or rear mount. That's not fair.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:38 pm 

i poured a load of red hot oil on my thumb tonight. It hurt like hell. It's going to go all blistered and gross now too, and probably hurt for at least 3 days.

I am in a bad mood

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:41 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

I chose a school assigment to do a small analysis of powerlifting as a sport. This will be interesting. Will dig more deeply into the sport. Who knows, maybe some day I will even compete.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:58 pm 
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

^ my coworker did that. Poured hot oil into a glass... a glass glass. It shattered. He misssed over a week of work. I got the load. I was pi$$ed.

my election thoughts
It's not about the last minute break of the "undecided"
It's not about bringing up Benghazi enough
It's not about Jeep jobs
It's not about off shoring jobs
It's not even about the economy stupid

It's about demographics
and...
It's about those who have convinced enough Americans to attribute success to the group and therefore the lack of it as well. So those that don't want to earn their way are no longer looked down upon. This is aided by bank bailouts and scams from the wealthy. "Hey he got his, now I need to get mines. Good enough for Joe Banker, good enough for Billy SitAroundtTheeHouseAllDay"

I do think we've had a material shift over the last 6 years. Whereas the classic Liberal vs Conservative was more about "Helping out the least fortunate and down trodden vs keeping money in the hands of the wealth creators" aka Wealth Redistribution. The tipping point I'm seeing now, is the attitude of those getting the assistance. Or better, the attitude towards those. It's much more acceptable now to get handouts - (corporate handsouts not withstanding). Ironically, it will increase as the econmoy continues a slow crawl back

Pundits want to blame candidates, campaigns, etc. The country has changed. It's hard to envsion a conservative President getting elected without major concessions of the party platform / mindset / percpetion
When you have a coalition of those who want everyone who can to help out the other part of your coalition (those who want to take help from anyone who will give it), you have a pretty good camp. I'm not sure how well it substains a nation.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:47 pm 

New thread?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:38 pm 
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

not for me
I don't particpate in long political discussions with strangers
I'd rather not let facts or the wisdom of others sway me

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:39 pm 

Oscar_Actuary wrote:

That makes more sense now. I though someone had hacked his account.

Strength is the adaptation that leads to all other adaptations that you really care about - Charles Staley

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:36 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oscar_Actuary wrote:
not for me

LOL Your honesty is refreshing.

I do actually agree with some of the points in your previous post, mainly some of the ones at the beginning.

I'm not going to get into any of the other ones. I'll just point out that there are some people getting public assistance who work two or even three jobs. They just earn a low wage, and fall a little short despite working an awful lot.

I would also urge you to listen to/read the things that Republicans of the past advocated. People like Barry Goldwater, Dwight Eisenhower, even Richard Nixon. Listen to some of the 1960 presidential debate. I just think you will be a little surprised by some of the things you will hear/read.

If you think any Democrat in DC (that excludes independent Senator Bernie Sanders) is liberal, look into FDR and his Vice Presidents. Brace yourself though, it will probably be shocking.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:51 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Ironman wrote:
Oscar_Actuary wrote:
not for me

LOL Your honesty is refreshing.

I do actually agree with some of the points in your previous post, mainly some of the ones at the beginning.

I'm not going to get into any of the other ones. I'll just point out that there are some people getting public assistance who work two or even three jobs. They just earn a low wage, and fall a little short despite working an awful lot.

I would also urge you to listen to/read the things that Republicans of the past advocated. People like Barry Goldwater, Dwight Eisenhower, even Richard Nixon. Listen to some of the 1960 presidential debate. I just think you will be a little surprised by some of the things you will hear/read.

If you think any Democrat in DC (that excludes independent Senator Bernie Sanders) is liberal, look into FDR and his Vice Presidents. Brace yourself though, it will probably be shocking.

I don't usually do "me too", but every sentence here is worth reading twice.

It's amazing how different the current political debate looks when your memory stretches more than 3 weeks or so, or (gasp) even decades.

But if this continues we'll have to jump over to random controversy, so I'll end it there.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:15 am 
Novice
Novice

I don't understand how you guys can eat enough so much, I am struggling just to hit 3k

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:32 pm 

3k is plenty. Most folk, myself included, tend to overeat when trying to bulk and end up adding a lot of fat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:51 pm 

Hoose, are you a football fan? I see Texas A&M had a good day.

Strength is the adaptation that leads to all other adaptations that you really care about - Charles Staley

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:40 pm 

Got both my degrees at A&M. Saturday was a good day.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:52 pm 

I know that you have carefully cultivated an image that may be destroyed by your answers, but what degrees do you have, Hoose? I'm guessing a BA in some business-related field, and an MBA.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:47 am 

Tomorrow morning my wife and I are flying in a small plane to a remote jungle airstrip where friends of ours live at a small, 2-plane Mission Aviation Fellowship base. We've known the wife since she was a young girl. They have 2 little girls that are almost like granddaughters to us. The husband, who is the pilot, is allowed to take guests on some of his flights, so I'm hoping to see some places where very few outsiders ever go. Needless to say, I'll be off-line for the next week. I hope y'all can manage without me :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3964 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230 ... 265  Next