ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:45 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Was inspired by Doc's journal to start this thread. Perhaps make a sticky?

If you respond, please consider typing information in a format that makes it easy to find using a search.

Long Island Strength and Conditioning
My home gym
209 Main Street, Setauket NY 11733
http://www.northshoreoflongisland.com/l ... oning.html

REGION: Long Island
MAJOR CITY NEARBY: New York City is 50 miles West

Power cages, chalk, and Inzer belts available. Bands, chains, kettlebells. Real deadlifting bar, real squat bar, you get the idea. Hammer Strength machines.

Small but fully equipped. Farmers bars, atlas stones, tires, prowler and all the trimmins outside in the back.

Tell 'em Ken sent you.

Fitness Factory
1111 Hawthorne Lane | Charlotte, NC 28205
http://www.fitnessfactoryofcharlotte.com/

REGION: Charlotte, North Carolina
MAJOR CITY NEARBY: In the heart of Charlotte North Carolina

Huge facility. As far as I could tell they had everything, but I only was there 2 sessions for bench and deadlift. They have farmers bars and all the rest in the back.

Very friendly and helpful to out-of-towners.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:07 am 

I've actually wanted to start doing this for a while - with a twist. I travel so much I wanted to review gyms I visited with pics and whether or not I liked them.

Wolf's Fitness
Lexington, SC
5432 Augusta Rd ยท Lexington, SC 29072
wolfsfitness.com

Near Columbia.
Nice facility.

Foxy's Fitness Center
17775 Airline Hwy, Prairieville, LA
foxysfitnesscenters.com

In the Baton Rouge area.
I believe the location I put down has a big boy room full of PL stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:09 am 

Just a suggestion for the mods - and this might be borderline advertising, I don't know:

How about a Gym Recommendation forum? You can break it up by state/country.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:56 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yea, that would be fine. I could do something like that. As long as it is a review and not just an advertisement that would be fine.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:57 am 

hoosegow wrote:
Just a suggestion for the mods - and this might be borderline advertising, I don't know:

How about a Gym Recommendation forum? You can break it up by state/country.

I think this would be a good idea. It would be hard to find stuff otherwise.

Strength is the adaptation that leads to all other adaptations that you really care about - Charles Staley

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:00 pm 

Platinum Fitness, Innisfail, Alberta.

This is not so much a review of the gym, but of the signs on their change room doors. So I walk the direction the girl at the front counter indicated after taking my $7 day fee. I come to a door with one of those stick figures that is supposed to identify the gender of the people who are supposed to use that room. The lower half of the body was splayed out in an "A" shape, like a skirt. Obviously not what I wanted, so I opened the next door. The lights were out, so I switched them on, tossed my gym bag on the bench and went in the booth to use the porcelain bench. I did notice that there was a hand-written notice on the wall that read something like "If the womens change room is out of any supplies, such as toilet paper or paper towels, please notify the manager." I thought it was odd to have a notice about supplies in the women's room in the men's room. I finished my business, changed into my workout clothes, chucked my bag into a locker and headed for the door. Something told me that things weren't quite right, and I stopped at the door. I opened it cautiously and looked at the sign on the outside. It was a stick figure with splayed-out legs and the clear outline of a skirt superimposed. I went back to my locker, grabbed my stuff and walked out into the gym confidently. A man pumping an elliptical machine near-by glanced at me, but didn't seem to notice anything. I went to the door of the men's change room, looked again at the sign. It still didn't really look male to me, but I went in, felt reassured by the presence of a urinal on the wall, put my stuff in a locker and went about my workout. I was glad that I caught my mistake when I did, cause by the time I finished it was obviously the peak time for the young housewives of Innisfail to work out, and that room would have been busy.