ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: program
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:28 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Personally I think there's no problem with exercising during such fasting. Just exercise in the evening. If you can feast at 7 pm, complete your workout an hour or less before that event, so go to gym at 5 or 6 PM. Don't go crazy on the intervals or anything, just lift heavy weights. Keep your workouts short (30-45 minutes).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:35 am 
Novice
Novice

Stephen Johnson wrote:
mohamed wrote:
The finally thing i remember it now that after 1 month will be ramadan month ( it month to all muslims must stop eating or drink any thing from 5 AM to 7 pm
What i should i do in this time lower the (intensity/volume/frequntly)or what???

I've exercised while fasting without any problems, but exercising hard without drinking liquids is something else. If you break a sweat while exercising, you need to take a drink of water. You should do light workouts in the evening during Ramadam - exercising hard will disrupt your sleeping habits.

Thx
Any more advise guys???

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:24 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The very most important thing is NOT to exercise when you can't drink. Dehydration would be a problem. Other than that, having your nightly feast is the main thing, and that I'm sure you already do. It won't impede your progress much while you are a beginner. If it is convenient maybe you can begin your workout at 6:40 or so, so that by the time you need water it will be 7, and since you already got some of the workout in before that, it won't be that much longer until you finish and can go eat.

Later on when you are more experienced, the strategy will be to lose fat during Ramadan. So you plan bulking for other times of the year. Then when it is time for Ramadan, you just keep your nightly feast healthy, no junk food. Then after that, you eat nothing until the next night's feast. One month is a good length of time to do it, by the time your body starts working against you, stopping your progress, Ramadan will be over.

Another thing that would be good is planning on having any days where you are busy be off days. That way you are less likely to skip a workout. So being Muslim, Friday would be a good off day.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:26 pm 
Exalted Seer
Exalted Seer

mohamed wrote:
Any more advise guys???

While it's possible for you to work out before 7 PM, you need to be careful not to work too hard if you're dehydrated.

This year, Ramadan takes place between July 8 and August 7 - the peak of summer heat in the Northern Hemisphere. And Saudi Arabia is one of the hottest countries in the world. Unless you spend most of your time in air-conditioned buildings, you're going to sweat a lot. Add a couple of trips to the bathroom to the mix, and you could be dehydrated when you get to the gym.

Personally, I would wait until 7 PM, drink some water, work out lightly then have my feast. Forget about setting personal records - just do maintenance work so you won't have to start from square one when you get back to your regular routine.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:46 pm 
Novice
Novice

Ok but really i find it hard to in feast and i go to training :)
So can i training after 2 hours from feast ???

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:20 am 
Exalted Seer
Exalted Seer

mohamed wrote:
Ok but really i find it hard to in feast and i go to training :)
So can i training after 2 hours from feast ???

Whatever. You know your schedule best. Just don't make the mistake of working out while you're dehydrated.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:17 pm 
Novice
Novice

Really thx all

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:19 pm 
Novice
Novice

Mr.ironman
Are you when set this routine you say 2 sets (1 warm-up/1 as heavy i can) you put it depending in principle that say for gain muscle size must train 2 types of muscle by doing low intensity then higer intensity or for another reason?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:54 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

No, nothing like that. The warmup set is to get you ready for the heavy work set. The muscles get warmed up, and the nervous system adjusts to the load.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:21 pm 
Novice
Novice

What about deleting hummer curl from routine and make barchioradialis working beside biceps by doing dumbbell curl, becuase my workout session duration som approximately = 90 mintue???
Second thing in the next day of workout session i doing cardio workout for 20 min /2 times per day are this ok or no?
(my purpose fast recovery and some lose)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:00 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

mohamed wrote:
What about deleting hummer curl from routine and make barchioradialis working beside biceps by doing dumbbell curl, becuase my workout session duration som approximately = 90 mintue???
Second thing in the next day of workout session i doing cardio workout for 20 min /2 times per day are this ok or no?

I never made any such recommendation. The workout I advised is fairly short.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:52 pm 
Novice
Novice

Ok
First thing after trained i feel pain in knee from below when my knee in 90 dgree ,but i didn't feel with this pain during training can help me?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:28 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yea, the cardio is fine. As for the knee pain, just don't go below the 90 degrees. You probably strained something a little. It should heal quickly as long as you don't bend it so far.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:54 am 
Novice
Novice

I don't think at the first it may be strained knee because i use the same wieght i begin with it
But in the another day when try bending it i feel it was healed approximately 75%
And thx about cardio