Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Postural Deficiency
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:19 am 
n00b
n00b

G'day Guys,

I read the article http://www.exrx.net/Kinesiology/Posture ... hor3102554 it's a fantastic one but I would like to know the frequency, endurance, repetition & sets for the corrective exercises recommended. I would be glad if some one can post them.

Regards,
Beachbody

Post subject: Re: Postural Deficiency
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:43 pm 

I don't think there would be any hard and fast rules. I do some postural work as part of my warm-up routine, usually a single set of 10 reps (this is all unloaded stuff), and some as part of my accessory lifts in a super-set of 3 exercises usually done with moderate loading and 5 sets of 10 reps. I don't think that there's any one right answer for everyone. Just pick the ones you think you need, start light in relatively high volume, and work up slowly. These shouldn't be the lifts that make you grind your teeth and grunt most of the time, but I'd think that occasionally cycling some of them in as heavier lifts wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

I know that isn't as specific as you were hoping for, but this is one of those things that needs to be individualized. Just get started and try stuff!

And welcome to the forum! Maybe you could post in "general" and tell us more about yourself.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:45 am 
n00b
n00b

Thanks a lot Jungledoc. one more thing that made me thinking and that is, that I think I've some postural problem like, winged scapulae and anterior pelvic tilt, but I'm not suffering from any sort of pains or restricted range of motions (Generally I don't have any problem, it's like I'm used to it). Now I was thinking that what if I start these corrective exercises and if my posture is trying to correct itself then I face some pains or injure my self... as probably my body is used to this posture now.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:15 am 

Don't focus obsessively on the postural issues, then. Pay attention to them, be working on them, but if they aren't causing a problem yet, don't try to correct them in a big hurry.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:17 am 

Go look for a series of articles by Eric Cressy on T-Nation called "Neanderthal No More". It has exercises and good information. It's a few years old now, maybe 5 or 6.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:38 am 
n00b
n00b

thanks jungledoc. I have already read those articles n they raised the alarm before that i didn't know anything about postural problem. thank by the way.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:07 am 
n00b
n00b

Hi Jungledoc,

I was just surfing on this postural topic and in one of your other posts I found out that your girlfriend had showed you some exercises or stretches which assisted you in relieving anterior pelvic tilt. If you don't mind I would be very interested to know them with their proper execution procedure.

Regards,
Beachbody

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:11 am 
former lurker

my friend is a male, he is 59yrs old, body fat is 30%, his height is 1.6metres, his weight is 160kg, his rhr is 79, his waist to hip ratio ia 1.02, his blood pressure is 140/85, right shoulder lower than left, has a slight protruding chin and slight pronation left an right feet, he does only 5 push ups and sit ups in 1minute, he was not tested for 1rep max, he eats unhealthy, he has recurrent synovitis and exertional pain at the knee. doctor says his knee must b operated, but he must loose weight. he ask me to help him draw up a 7day program me for 4weeks, he want to know what the progress will be in 4weeks.
can someone help or refer me?
he wants weekly program me like this:
day:L type exercise: description exercise: muscle used: sets: reps: weight:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:02 am 

This looks like a duplicate of your other post.

Strength is the adaptation that leads to all other adaptations that you really care about - Charles Staley