Row 5X5
Military Press 4X5

then follow up with

Squat 1X20
Front Squat 1X20
Dumbell bench and incline Dumbell bench 1X20each
Cable Row and Lat Pull Down Machine 1X20 each
Shoulder Front and Side Raises 1X20 each

I usually follow up with some running on the tread mill but lately I have really gotten bored of running and have been hitting the stair master for 10 minutes after every workout. Well I do 1 minute sprints on the stair master and rest 30 seconds and continue. I do anywhere from 110 to 140 steps per minute (i think 155 is maximum on the stair master at my gym)

Ive had really good results with this workout so far and at first I was only doing it because I wanted something new to try but the workout really seems to click well with me for some odd reason but now I want to do stair masters or run regular stairs for 10 - 20 minutes on off days as well. Usually I do 10 minutes of running on off days to get my blood flowing but I was wondering if I could do the stair master or run regular stairs for 10 to 20 minutes. Would anybody here have some experience with high intensity cardio on off days? Would running the stairs negatively impact my lifts for the next day? Any help on this matter would be appreciated. Thanks a bunch!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:18 pm 
Exalted Seer
Exalted Seer

Immortal2 wrote:
Would running the stairs negatively impact my lifts for the next day?

Workload and recovery issues pretty much depend on the individual. The easiest way to find out for yourself is to try it, and see how it works. Actually running stairs is harder than a stair machine since you can't cheat by holding on for balance.

I personally have pretty much dropped long slow cardio in favor of interval training, other than an occasional long jog in the park. If a person is reasonably active physically (ie walks for 30 minutes a day at least) 2-4 HIIT sessions a week is enough for heart health.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:18 pm 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

You should add deadlifts or some other heavy hip hinge movement to your program. Your program seems to be overly quad dominant the way it is.

Strength is the adaptation that leads to all other adaptations that you really care about - Charles Staley

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:54 pm 
Novice
Novice

Actually I'm sorry but I do dead lifts once a week . I was thinki of what I did sunday and not what I was doing Tomorow . Also , I do some leg curls once in awhile but I usually stick to squat and dl.