ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:10 pm 
former lurker

I am a 32 yr old male.
5.7 193lbs with 12.7 % body fat.
My goal is to shred my fat. I have been following this routine for about a month and have lost weight (9lbs)but I am not sure how much of it is muscle or fat.
work is as follows: day 1, 3, and 5 I do The insanity workout. day 2,4,and 6 I train a speciffic body part.day 2, chest, day 4 back, day 6 biceps and shoulders. after weight day i do a very intense mile or mile and a half on the treadmill.
My meal plan.
breakfast 6am: 6 eggs(only 1 yolk) 2 packets of original plain oatmeal(38 grms of carbs) 6 strawberries, and a glass of skim milk
snack 930 am: either cup and a half no fat cottage cheese or plain greek yogurt.both mixed with a hand full of reduced sugar ocean spray cranberries, and 1/8 cup of grapenuts cereal.
lunch-noon. leftovers from dinner plus sweet potato
snack(pre workout 3:00) 36gms gnc brand whey protien powder, 5 grms plain creatine, and 5 grms glutamine
post workourt(430ish) same as pre but with a banana added
dinner. varies but it always is either chicken breast, turkey breast, lean pork, or salmon. the veggy varies
after dinner i dont eat food but drink.usually white wine which I know is high in carbs, but good god i eat clean enough, I need some vice.
Any input would really be appreciated!! Thank you

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:26 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The white wine isn't all that high in carbs. Sweet doesn't always indicate that, although usually it does. If you aren't training legs, then it isn't for a contest, so no deadline, and not that much left to go. So in that case just keep going as you are. You should probably train legs though. Because if your stats are right, and you have untrained legs, your upper body has got to be huge. That plus little chicken legs is going to look pretty silly.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:20 am 

White wine typically only has about 3g of carbs per glass. Most of the calories come from alcohol. As long as you keep input reasonable, like 1 or 2 glasses, then don't worry about it. If you're drinking to the point of getting drunk, or if you "have" to drink, then you should consider what the alcohol is doing to your health. It's far worse than a few carbs, especially since the rest of your diet is high carb.

Strength is the adaptation that leads to all other adaptations that you really care about - Charles Staley