ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:14 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

It's a bit confusing as some sites say to eat lots of spinach/greens, beans etc. and others say stay away from those foods, all night shades and too much protein etc. etc. I start out each day eating spinach w. a bit of bell pepper slivers, flax seed, 3oz canned salmon and a small amount of cultured cabbage, and on a good day fruit until dinner of veggies and chicken.

Lately at my age (old) I've been trying to cut back on the chicken by throwing in more beans, but of course that's on the bad list some sites say. Also my arthritis is getting worse lately, and i'm wondering if eating about 3 candy bars once per week has anything to do with it. Do all the oldsters here w. arthritis just eat healthy watching the fat and forget the possible bs? Thanks,

Frank

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:30 pm 

Eating real food is the first place to start. This means avoiding all processed foods including candy bars. The goal is to reduce inflammation and sugar is one of those things you don't need. Sometimes foods like nightshades, eggs, dairy, etc can contribute to arthritis but it's different for everybody. Keep a food diary and see what patterns emerge. Personally, I don't worry about meat. It doesn't bother me. Vegetable oil and sugar are the main things I avoid.

Strength is the adaptation that leads to all other adaptations that you really care about - Charles Staley

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:20 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks Stu.