ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:21 am 
former lurker

Hi, I've got a question that i have been trying to get the answer.

We all know that training the same muscle everyday or five times a day(this is for my question)
is not ideal or wrong. And muscle grows when you are resting. So my question is

If training the same muscle everyday or five times a day(again the specific number is for my question)
is bad and would not lead to growth of muscle then why do construction workers and/or farmers which basically
uses and trains the same muscle everyday or 5 times a day depending on their work schedule can build muscle
and has a great figure?

Thanks in advance for the answer.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:39 am 

What you have just done is disproven your initial assumption. You can workout frequently and still make progress. Exercises with a high skill component like Olympic lifts usually benefit from frequent training. The US Olympic team trains 2-3 times a day. John Broz has been promoting frequent training for some time. The idea first reached the western world from Bulgaria so the term "Bulgarian Method" is a common term for this concept.

Here is an early article which talks about several proponents: http://www.dragondoor.com/articles/in-d ... -training/

Strength is the adaptation that leads to all other adaptations that you really care about - Charles Staley

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:58 pm 
former lurker

stuward wrote:
What you have just done is disproven your initial assumption. You can workout frequently and still make progress. Exercises with a high skill component like Olympic lifts usually benefit from frequent training. The US Olympic team trains 2-3 times a day. John Broz has been promoting frequent training for some time. The idea first reached the western world from Bulgaria so the term "Bulgarian Method" is a common term for this concept.

Sorry for the late reply been bc with work. Anyway thank you for the response i will read it 2morrow at home.

Again Thank you.